Your quest for cheap gastric band in Mexico ends here. We offer weight loss surgeries for only a fraction of the American prices. Fill the online estimate form for the latest prices and specials.
About 1 night (based on doctor’s recommendation).
Qualifications for Lap Band Surgery With BSW
- Candidates with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or more (with some exceptions for a lower BMI) may qualify for lap band surgery in Guadalajara with us.
- The final decision on qualifications would depend on the doctor’s examination of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Complimentary Pick-up Services
We offer free ground transportation from the Guadalajara International Airport (IATA: GDL).
Guadalajara as a Destination for Gastric Banding
- You enjoy savings to the tune of 70% over the American prices.
- Geographical proximity which results in savings in travel costs and time.
- Traveling to GDL is easy; the city is served by its own international airport.
- The city is quite Americanized, given its sizeable number of retiree American inhabitants.
- You will be able to schedule your surgery easily sans any waiting times.
Our Network Bariatric Surgeon
We work with a leading bariatric surgeon in Guadalajara to facilitate your lap band surgery. He has been pursuing private practice since May 2006 and has received training and experience from the United States, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil and Spain. Here is a snapshot of his profile:
- Degree in Surgery from Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua (2000-05)
- Diploma in Minimally Invasive Advanced Surgery (Laparoscopic) and Robotic Surgery, Hospital Torre Medica (2005-06)
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass and Simplified Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch from Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon Spain, Barcelona (January-April 2006)
- Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course – XIII IFSO World Congress, Buenos Aires, Argentina (September 2008)
- Gastric sleeve, bypass and lap band – BILA (Bariatric Initiative for Latinoamérica), Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio in November 2008.
Learn more on him here.
An Overview of Lap Band Surgery
- It is a restrictive form of weight loss surgery.
- This procedure entails winding a silicone band around the upper portion of the stomach.
- This band divides the stomach into two unequal parts, a small upper stomach pouch, and a larger lower portion.
- The upper pouch functions as the new stomach.
- The band controls the movement of food from upper pouch to the lower stomach portion.
- The capacity of the pouch is significantly less than the normal stomach.
- The diameter of the band is adjusted as required, with the help of an access port that is placed under the patient’s skin.
- Adding or removing saline water to the port with the help of a syringe facilitates band diameter adjustment.
- According to a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) report, lap band surgery is safe and effective when the system is used in accordance with its labeling.
Things to Do Before Your Surgery
- Switch over to a high protein diet about half a month before your surgery.
- You will have to discontinue certain medications such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen one week prior to your surgery.
- You will have to take only clear liquids two days before your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after the midnight preceding your surgery.
- Make it a habit not to drink anything for 30 minutes before and after you have a meal.
- Incorporate a short workout regimen in your daily schedule.
- Make sure you follow the recommended diet plan.
- Steer clear from fizzy, high calorie and sweetened beverages.
- Limit your intake of spicy and greasy foods.
- Keep yourself hydrated – make sure you have at least 2 liters of water every day.
- Avoid putting pressure on your pouch by eating slowly and chewing your food well.
- Have nutritional supplements as directed.
- You should aim to have 60-80 grams of protein every day.
- Make sure you work-out at least 3 times a week.
We have a large collection of positive customer reviews and feedback, thanks to our perpetual endeavor to garner as many happy customers as we can. Learn why our customers chose Mexico for their bariatric surgery in this video here (click on the hyperlink).
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Lap Band in Guadalajara.