A gastric bypass in Costa Rica can serve as an affordable solution for the overweight, who cannot avail weight-loss surgeries in affluent countries, such as the US, the UK, Canada, and are thus prevented from gaining an enhanced body and lifestyle. Most health insurance companies are reluctant to cover obesity-curbing procedures, and even those overweight First World nationals with adequate insurance have to endure the health hazards and humiliation related to excessive bulkiness. Under such circumstances, heading towards Costa Rica would prove to be a smart step for those eager to get rid of their flab without exhausting their life’s savings.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) data from 2008, obesity has doubled since 1980 the world over, with overall above one in ten of the world’s adults being obese. The WHO states that 44% of the diabetes burden, 23% of the ischemic heart condition burden, and between 7% and 41% of certain cancer burdens are a result of overweight and obesity.
Opting to undergo a weight-loss surgery in Costa Rica would not only be the means to achieve a life sans the dangers of cardiovascular diseases and musculoskeletal disorders, but also a chance to unwind amid a picturesque Latin American setting.
Gastric Bypass Operation—An Overview
Before heading to Costa Rica for Gastric Bypass Surgery, you must know what the procedure entails. Here’s a brief overview:
- Gastric bypass procedure is one of the most recommended methods for removal of obesity in people with a body mass index (BMI) over 35.
- It involves reducing the size of the stomach by creating a small upper pouch and then bypassing the rest of it.
- The stomach is stapled to restrict the amount of food that a person can consume.
- Since the urge to have excess food is curbed the intake of calories is reduced, thereby leading to enormous loss of weight along with an improvement in medical conditions like diabetes and hypertension.
Why Gastric Bypass Surgery in Costa Rica?
There are a several reasons that make bariatric procedures desirable in Costa Rica. Some of them are:
- The cost of gastric bypass in Costa Rica is only a fraction of what one would have to shell out to undergo such a procedure in developed nations.
- In Costa Rica, you can expect to receive treatment at some of the most renowned hospitals of Central America. The hospitals in our network in Costa Rica are Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited. An international accreditation serves as a testimony to the excellent quality of treatment, patient care, and hospital management. One of our network hospitals offering gastric bypass operation in San José is also a member of the Medical Tourism Association.
- The gastric bypass surgeons in Costa Rica in our network are highly qualified, skilled, and competent. Many of them can converse in English and have extensive experience in dealing with international clients, and hence one need not fret about communication problems with Costa Rican doctors.
- The healthcare staff in our network clinics is trained to guide and assist patients all throughout the procedure. In case of language barriers, there is the provision of arranging interpreters.
- Proximity plays a pivotal role in attracting North American weight-loss clients to Costa Rica. Many major airlines fly to the capital city of San José from various destinations of Europe and North America.
- One can also go for a mini gastric bypass Costa Rica, which is a minimally-invasive procedure and is much less extensive than the usual Roux-en-Y bypass surgery. This surgery is performed through the laparoscopy technique and one takes less time to recover.
- Prospective clients need not bother about bearing the trouble of waiting in queues for seeing a doctor in Costa Rica. Our representatives can arrange an appointment with the doctor at a time suitable to you.
- After having gone through a surgery, one certainly requires a sense of serenity and warmth, and what better place to recuperate than in a location celebrated for its natural surroundings! Resorts in Cost Rica for post-operative recovery are a rage among international patients who crave for relaxation after undergoing extensive procedures like bypass for weight reduction.
Advantages of Low-cost Gastric Bypass Surgery Costa Rica
Since the cost of living in Costa Rica is quite low compared to that in developed countries, medical care providers here are able to extend their services at a minimal expense.
The cost of gastric bypass in Costa Rica is also made suitable for clients with a limited budget through the various package deals being offered to clients from time to time. Concessions in prices make a considerable difference to the overall cost of the service—entire treatment, tests, doctor’s fee, and post-surgery care and follow-up perfectly suit a client’s budget.
The savings made on your treatment in conjunction with the amount saved on inexpensive accommodation, transportation, and meals make a good sum to finance your purchases at the Mercado-Central open air market or an excursion to view the Arenal Volcano as it emits smoke and ash.
Preparing for Costa Rica Weight-reduction Trip
- Research on the credentials of the bariatric surgeons and clinics in Costa Rica to ensure you land in the right facility. References and testimonials from former clients would serve as an excellent proof of the quality of treatment and care.
- You cannot keep information on any aspect related to your health and weight from your doctor in Costa Rica. You will be required to furnish all healthcare or medical history details or documents in order to help surgeons proceed with the arrangements of the surgery.
- You should be determined to follow the dietary restrictions recommended by your doctor. Your surgery for gastric bypass in Costa Rica may fail to yield the desired results if you are opposed to maintaining a proper diet and exercise routine.
- Work out a proper plan of your hospital visit, stay, and tourism activities. Be open to a flexible schedule as there may be chances of an extended recovery period.
- You need to understand that if you experience any complications back home, it will not be possible for you to return to your surgeon in Costa Rica. You may contact your Costa Rican doctor who may in turn refer you to a surgeon in your area for further follow-up.
- Arrange your trip at a time when the weather in Costa Rica is favorable for travel. Avoid making a plan to travel during the months of September and October, when the country receives the most rainfall.
If you are firm on discarding those extra pounds, start collecting information and organizing yourself for a voyage expected to add charm to your life. It’s about time you allowed gastric bypass in Costa Rica to reduce your waistline and also your age, with the elimination of health problems adding years to your life.
So gear up for a trip to Costa Rica to experience nature at its best—spotting leatherback turtles on the Caribbean coast or observing the diverse bird species assembling at the Turrialba foothills, to catching a sailfish while angling in the Pacific Coast.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates low-cost trips to Costa Rica for Gastric Bypass, and other weight-loss surgeries. For more information and a FREE quote, fill-out the estimate request form on the right.