$7,000. This includes stay of 2 nights in the hospital and 1 night at the hotel. We suggest that you fill in the estimate form on the right for the latest prices and specials.
About 2-3 nights (based on doctor’s recommendation)
Qualifications for Gastric Bypass in PVR with Us
- Candidates with Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or more qualify for Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta with BSW.
- The final decision on qualifications would depend on the surgeon’s appraisal of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
We offer free pick-up from the Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA: PVR)
Advantages of Choosing Puerto Vallarta for Your Surgery
- Save almost 70% over US prices by choosing gastric bypass surgery in Puerto Vallarta.
- PVR is served by its own international airport with regular flights from the United States and Canada.
- The resort city is a favorite Spring-break destination; so culturally it is not very different from the United States.
- Waiting time is almost zero
- Majority of the doctors and people associated with the tourism industry here can speak English.
- The city abounds with beaches and other sightseeing options.
Features of Our Network Hospital
We facilitate affordable gastric bypass in a leading weight loss surgery hospital of Puerto Vallarta.
This hospital has been serving locals as well as foreign patients for over 30 years now. Some of the features of the hospital are –
- Conveniently located only a few minutes from the airport
- In-house lab and ICU
- Air and water purification system
- Emergency trauma center
- Full electricity back-up
- 24*7 access to board-certified doctor who is fluent in English
- Wi-Fi Internet and international calls to the US and Canada
Who Will Perform Your Weight Loss Surgery?
We have compiled the credentials of one of our network surgeons who will be performing your gastric bypass surgery in PVR.
- Widespread experience and training from Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Argentina and the USA
- Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course at the September 2008 XIII World Congress – International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Served as faculty at Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona in Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain (April 2006)
- Assisted Dr. Carlos Ballista, MD, full time from January to April 2006
- Private practice in bariatric surgery in Guadalajara, Ciudad Juarez and PVR from May 2006
Learn more on our network weight loss surgeons Puerto Vallarta page.
Gastric Bypass Explained
- Gastric bypass involves stapling the stomach to divide it into two parts.
- The smaller upper section of the divided stomach called “pouch” can hold only about an ounce of food.
- Next, the surgeon connects a small portion of the intestine (jejunum) to a tiny hole in the stomach pouch.
- The ingested food passes from the stomach to this tiny opening in the intestine, thereby resulting in absorption of fewer calories.
- Gastric bypass can be performed laparoscopically, a minimally invasive technique involving quicker recovery and less scarring than traditional open surgery.
- You will be asked to quit smoking (in case you do) several weeks before your surgery as the habit inhibits recovery process.
- You will be put on an exercise program (for about 20-30 minutes, 3-5 times a week).
- You will be asked to stop taking drugs that interfere with blood clotting, such as aspirin, vitamin E, and warfarin one week before your surgery.
- A day before your surgery, you will be put on clear liquid diet.
- For 2-3 weeks after your surgery, you will be asked to eat only liquid or pureed foods.
- Take about half an hour to eat a meal.
- You will have to drink at least 8 cups of water or other calorie-free liquids ever day.
- Do not drink for at least half an hour after you’ve had a meal.
- Also, do not drink anything while eating.
- You will have to take nutritional supplements for the rest of your life.
What Others are Saying About Us
We constantly endeavor to provide quality medical care rivaling that in the US and other parts of the West. In our pursuit of excellence we have networked with only the best of the hospitals and bariatric surgeons in Mexico. And in the process, we have garnered a long list of happy and satisfied customers. Those interested can go through a number of gastric bypass Mexico testimonials on our website (click on the hyperlink).
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta.