$5,500 only. One night hospital and one night hotel stay included in the package price. We suggest you fill in the online estimate form for the latest prices and discounts.
About 2 nights (depending on the doctor’s recommendation).
Qualifications for Gastric Sleeve Surgery with BSW in Puerto Vallarta
- Candidates with body mass index (BMI) from 31 to 39 qualify for gastric sleeve in Puerto Vallarta (PVR) with us.
- Besides BMI, candidates may also qualify if they have any of the following:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol
- Any other co-morbidity of obesity
- Final decision on qualifications would be based on the doctor’s review of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Gratis pick-up service from the Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA: PVR).
Benefits of Choosing PVR for Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Savings to the tune of 70% by choosing low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Puerto Vallarta
- Easy connectivity with major American and Canadian cities
- The city has its own international airport
- PVR is culturally quite similar to the United States
- A favorite Spring-breakers destination, so the city is quite Americanized
- Negligible waiting time
- Plenty of sightseeing options in the resort city
Features of Our Network Hospital
- State-of-the-art Intensive Care Therapy Unit
- Clinical testing and analysis laboratory
- Trauma center
- Located just a few minutes’ drive from the PVR international airport
- Amenities such as air and water purification system
- Full power backup
Our Network Weight Loss Surgeons
To ensure word-class healthcare services, we have networked with only the best names in the field. The credentials of a bariatric surgeon whom we have partnered with to facilitate your surgery are listed below –
- Degree in Medicine from Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico
- Degree in Surgery from Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua, Mexico
- International experience and expertise gained from Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and the USA
- Attended international meets and conferences such as the XIII IFSO World Congress held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2008
- Faculty in laparoscopic surgery at the Medical Center Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
- Full proficiency in English
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Explained
- Gastric sleeve surgery involves removal of almost 75% of the stomach.
- The reduced stomach resembles a sleeve or a banana and can hold limited amount of food.
- This helps reduce weight.
- However, to assure successful weight loss, you will have to make significant changes in your lifestyle.
- You will have to stick to a diet and exercise regimen as recommended by your doctor.
- Other names of the procedure –
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Greater curvature gastrectomy
- Parietal gastrectomy
- Gastric reduction
- Vertical gastroplasty
- Some potential risks of the surgery –
- Inflamed gastric lining and ulcers
- Leakage from the stomach staples
- Malnutrition, though not as severe as in the case of gastric bypass
- Blockage resulting from stomach scarring
- Vomiting because of eating more than the capacity of the new stomach
Note – We also facilitate single incision gastric sleeve surgery in Puerto Vallarta. This procedure is done through the navel which helps preserve the aesthetics of the belly.
Preparing for Your Surgery
You must ask your surgeon for pre-operative preparations. Some of them include:
- Smoking and drinking should be discontinued.
- You will be recommended physical and breathing exercises. This helps –
- The body prepare for post surgical changes
- Lose some weight before the surgery
- Any form of medication should be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- The candidate will have to replace high calorie food with low calorie, nutritious food.
- The surgeon might advise liquid diet for 1-2 days prior to the surgery.
- Candidates are advised to understand the surgical process, its benefits, risks, and the demands associated with it.
- All the entry related documents have to be prepared. Citizens of the US, Canada and UK do not require a visa for a stay up to 180 days. Passport is required though.
- They should carry all medical documents with them.
Post Surgical Care
- Post-operative patients will have to stick to liquids the first day after their surgery.
- They will be able to transition to pureed foods on the second day.
- They will have to stick to a post-operative gastric sleeve diet.
- They will have to reduce portion sizes prevent their reduced stomach from stretching.
Patient Talk – What Are They Saying About Us?
With our focus on providing affordable weight loss surgeries across the leading hospitals of Mexico, we have been able to garner a huge number of positive and happy patient testimonials. In this gastric sleeve Mexico review video, for example, Serena, an American resident, talks about her decision to choose Mexico for her surgery.
Please fill out the quote request form on the right for more details.