Our gastric sleeve packages for Mexicali cost about $7,500. We recommend that you send us the online quote form for the latest prices and discount specials.
Average Length of Hospital Stay
About 2 nights.
Conditions for Qualifying for Gastric Sleeve With Us
The following factors are considered for qualifying for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexicali with BSW:
- People with Body mass Index (BMI) ranging between 30 and 39.
- Besides BMI, other factors taken into consideration are:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol levels
Please note that only the doctor can decide whether a candidate qualifies for surgery or not based on examination of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Complimentary Pick-up Services
As part of our package, we offer free ground transportation from San Diego, California and Yuma, Arizona.
Benefits of Choosing Mexicali for Your Surgery
- Getting there is easy. The city is only a 100 miles from San Diego, California. The city borders with Calexico, California.
- The Mexican border city is served by its own international airport; the closest American airport, the Imperial County Airport, is about 13.8 miles from the city.
- You do not have to wait for weeks before you get an appointment.
- Language barriers are minimal.
- Because of geographical proximity to the United States, Mexicali is quite “Americanized.”
Features of Hospital We Work With
We work with a leading hospital in Mexicali which has been providing quality medical care rivaling American medical standards for over a decade now. We have enlisted some of the hospital features here:
- Located only a stone’s throw away from the US-Mexico border
- State-of-the-art ICU and 24-hour emergency room
- Patients and visiting guests have free access to Wi-Fi Internet
- In house-cafeteria and pharmacy
- An elaborate X-ray center with digital radiology, multi-slice CT, and 3D and 4D ultrasound
Read more on the hospital here.
Profile of Bariatric Surgeon We Work With
We have a leading bariatric surgeon under network. Here is an overview of his profile:
- Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic surgery
- Attended XXVII National Congress of General Surgery in November 2008, Veracruz, Ver
- Assisted in the XXVIII National Congress of Surgery held in Poliforum Leon (October 31 – November 4, 2004)
- Assistant – III Refresher Course in General Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán (INCMNSZ), Mexico DF (January 24-26, 2005)
- Assistant – the XXX International Congress of General Surgery held in Acapulco, Guerrero (October 29 to November 3, 2006)
- Bariatric surgery course:
- Basic laparoscopic surgery course – regional hospital of Institute for Social Security and Services for State Workers (ISSSTE) (October and November, 2005)
- Weight loss surgery pre-course – the XXX International Congress of general surgery in Acapulco, Guerrero (October 29 to November 3, 2006)
- Advanced Diploma in laparoscopic surgery and bariatric surgery in Tijuana (from February 26 to June 15, 2007)
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- Gastric sleeve surgery is a bariatric procedure that involves the removal of a part of the stomach to help restrict food intake.
- Gastric sleeve is a good alternative to gastric bypass because it doesn’t require an intestinal bypass, so it doesn’t disrupt the way the body naturally functions.
- Some of the alternative names of gastric sleeve surgery are laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, LSG, VSG surgery and stomach sleeve surgery.
- Switch to a complete liquid diet two weeks before your surgery.
- Limit your calorie intake to 1,000 to 1,200 per day.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 64 oz. of fluids every day.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week.
- Replace fried and sugary foods with protein-rich foods.
- Do not consume aerated drinks.
- Eliminate alcohol consumption.
Things to Keep in Mind after Surgery
- Stick to the diet plan as suggested by your doctor.
- Do not lift anything heavy for at least 3 weeks after your surgery.
- Make sure you add an exercise regimen to your daily routine.
- Continue to take medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take nutritional supplements regularly as directed.
- Restrict your calorie intake to 600-800 per day for successful weight loss.
- Do not take any fluids 30 minutes before and after your meal.
- It is best to abstain from alcohol for at least one year after your surgery.
- Make sure each of your meal lasts for about 20-30 minutes – eat slowly.
What Others are Saying About Us
We have garnered a long list of positive patient testimonials and reviews because of our constant endeavor to facilitate quality and low cost gastric sleeve and other bariatric surgeries in Mexico. Watch what others are saying about us in the Videos section of our site.
Learn more on Mexicali as a destination for your surgery by clicking on the hyperlink.
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on gastric sleeve surgery in Mexicali.