About $6,000. Learn more on our latest lap band specials and announcements by filling the online estimate form.
Average Hospital Stay
About 1 night.
- Candidates with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or more (with some exceptions for lower BMI) qualify for lap band in Puerto Vallarta with us
- The final decision on qualifications, based on the appraisal of the candidate’s medical questionnaire, lies with the doctor.
We provide complimentary pick-up from the PVR International Airport.
Benefits of Choosing Puerto Vallarta for Your Surgery
- Lap band costs in Puerto Vallarta are almost 70% lower than the prices charged in the United States.
- The city is served by its own international airport (Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport).
- PVR is quite Americanized; you won’t feel you are in a foreign country.
- The city abounds with glistening resorts and golden beaches and makes up for a complete R&R destination.
- You are unlikely to hit any language barriers as hospital staff and most of the people engaged in the tourism industry here speak English well.
Hospital in PVR We Work With
We want our customers to have a fulfilling experience during their stay for lap band surgery in Puerto Vallarta. And in order to ensure that, we work with a leading hospital here which has been serving the resort city for over 30 years now. We have enlisted some of the salient features of the hospital as follows:
- Located only a few minutes from the airport
- Has in-house laboratory and Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Equipped with special air and water purification system
- Has full power back-up with electricity generators
- Patients have access to a board certified, English-speaking doctor on a 24-hour basis
Profile of Our Network Bariatric Surgeon
We endeavor to provide the best of the services to our customers. And in our quest for facilitating quality yet affordable lap band surgery, we have networked with a leading name in the field of bariatric surgery in Puerto Vallarta. Here is a snapshot of his credentials:
- Training and experience from Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Argentina and the USA
- Fellowship – Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass and Simplified Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch from Medical Center Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (January to April 2006)
- Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course from the September 2008 XIII World Congress – International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Bypass – November 2008 – BILA (Bariatric Initiative for Latinoamérica), Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio
Click here for more information on our network weight loss surgeon.
What is Lap Band Surgery?
- This surgery aids weight loss by making the stomach smaller.
- It involves making small incisions in the abdomen.
- Surgical tools and a camera are inserted through the small incisions.
- The doctor then wraps a donut-shaped device called lap band around the upper portion of the stomach to divide it into two parts.
- This band is attached to an access port placed under the skin through a narrow tube.
- The access port is used to either inject or suction out saline water from the band to tighten or loosen it.
- Alternative names of lap band surgery – gastric banding, Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and LAGB.
- Cut down on starches – wheat, potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, etc.
- Eliminate caffeinated, carbonated and high-calorie beverages, including diet soda and coffee.
- Replace sweets, fried and fast foods with fruits and veggies.
- Do not snack between meals.
- Eat 3 meals a day.
- Start an exercise program – it is recommended that you sweat it out for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week.
- Quit smoking at least 4 weeks before your surgery.
- Make sure you stop taking aspirin, plavix, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs 10 days prior to your surgery.
- You will have to stop taking caumadin 5 days before your surgery.
- Eat small portions.
- Chew your food well.
- Focus on proteins for the first 3-4 weeks after your surgery.
- Do not drink and eat at the same time – make sure you don’t drink anything 10 minutes before and 45 minutes after your meal.
- Consume soft fruits and veggies in pureed form for the first few weeks after your surgery.
We provide full travel assistance and help shop around for air tickets. Click here for detailed information on your lap band surgery destination.
Submit the free quote request form for the latest prices and other details.