Length of Hospital Stay
Average length of hospital stay is about one night.
Conditions for Qualifying for Gastric Banding with BSW in Mexicali
- You need to have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or more (with certain exceptions for a lower BMI) to qualify for lap band in Mexicali, Mexico with us.
- The final decision on qualifications would depend on the doctor’s review of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Ground Transportation Facility
As part of our attractive lap band packages, we offer complimentary pick-up services from either San Diego, California or Yuma, Arizona.
Why Mexicali for Your Surgery?
- You enjoy big savings – almost 70% of the prices charged in the US.
- Geographical proximity – the Mexican border city is a stone’s throw away from Calexico, CA and only about 110 miles from San Diego.
- The city is quite “Americanized”.
- Since the city has a sizeable American retiree population, you won’t feel like a fish out of water.
- You won’t face any linguistic impediments.
- Waiting lists are negligible.
Features of Our Network Hospital
A leading hospital in Mexicali which has been providing quality care of American standards for over 10 years is under our network.
- This hospital was formed primarily to serve patients from the United States turning south of the border for affordable treatment.
- It is a self-contained facility with its own:
- Pharmacy and café
- State-of-the-art intensive care unit (ICU)
- Emergency room
- Well-equipped X-ray and digital imaging center
- The hospital offers free access to wireless Internet
- The hospital is conveniently located only a few hundred yards from the border.
Profile of Bariatric Surgeon We Work With
- Specialization in General Surgery from Hospital General de Zacatecas
- Attended the November 2008 XXVII National Congress of General Surgery held in Veracruz, Veracruz
- Attended and assisted in pre-course of bariatric surgery at the XXX International Congress of general surgery held in Acapulco, Guerrero (October-November, 2006)
- Advanced diploma in laparoscopic surgery and obesity surgery in Tijuana (February to June 2007)
- Training course in lap band in Tijuana (March 2007)
- International course in Metabolic surgery from Tijuana in 2007
- Certification courses in lap band placement and intra-gastric balloon (Guadalajara), 2007
- Assisted in XXVIII National Congress of Surgery held in Poliforum Leon (October- November), 2004
Learn more on the bariatric surgeon here.
What is Lap Band Surgery?
- The surgery involves placing a ring-like device called “lap band” made of silicone around the upper part of the stomach.
- This results in creation of a small upper pouch which slows down and restricts the amount of food that the stomach can hold.
- The lap band is attached to an access port which is embedded under the skin. This access port is used to inject or suck out saline water to either tighten or loosen the band.
- Some of the alternative terms used for lap band are laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, LAGB, and laparoscopic gastric banding.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Stop smoking at least a month before your surgery. Smoking can wreck your recovery process and also increase chances of risks during surgery.
- Make sure you eat only when you are hungry; avoid snacking between meals.
- Adopt an exercise program which you can follow leisurely. You can begin with walking for at least 20 minutes, three times a week.
- Make sure you replace sugary, starchy and fatty foods with vegetables and proteins.
- Have about 60 grams of proteins every day.
- Take high protein meal replacement shakes.
- You might be asked to discontinue medications such as aspirin and advil 10 days prior to your surgery.
- Follow the post lap band surgery diet recommended by your surgeon.
- Make sure you walk as soon as you are able to.
- Avoid lifting anything heavy for at least 2 weeks after your surgery.
- Make sure you eat small portions of food.
- Eat slowly and chew your food well.
- Refrain from stuffing yourself quickly and too much as doing so can cause discomfort below your breastbone.
Learn more on lodging options, documentary requirements and general travel tips on Mexicali by clicking here.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on affordable lap band surgery in Mexico.