Lap Band Surgery Explained
- Lap Band Surgery is a minimally invasive bariatric procedure.
- It aims to curtail hunger by reducing gastric space.
- This is achieved by wrapping a ring-like device made of silicone around the upper part of the stomach.
- This device, called the lap band, is attached to a port placed in the abdominal lining.
- This port is used to inflate or deflate the lap band to restrict or loosen its hold around the stomach.
- This helps in either decreasing or increasing the amount of food that gets into the stomach depending on the weight loss requirement of the patient.
- Alternative names of lap band surgery:
- Gastric banding
- Adjustable gastric banding surgery
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
More on gastric banding can learnt here.
Choosing New Delhi for Lap Band Surgery
- Our network hospitals are easily accessible. The surgery is offered in New Delhi, as well as in Gurgaon, which is at an approachable distance from the New Delhi International airport.
- We have leading bariatric surgeons from Delhi under our network. Here is the profile of one of our expert network bariatric surgeons in India:
- A highly experienced laparoscopic surgeon, who has performed more than 12,000 minimally invasive surgeries. He is a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons from Chicago, USA. He delivers health talks at various forums including print and electronic media, and has presented more than 50 papers on laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries, advanced laparoscopic procedures and bariatric surgeries at National & International conferences.
- A gold medalist surgeon, who has received training and experience from England, the USA, and France, is associated with us. He has authored many publications, and is actively involved in various seminars, workshops, and conferences organized in the country and abroad.
- An American Board certified surgeon, who has the license to practice in the USA as well, is also under our network. His articles are published in top peer-reviewed journals. This surgeon has made presentations at national and international meetings and is the member of various medical associations.
- We facilitate lap band surgery in reputable hospitals.
- One of our network hospitals is a part of a leading healthcare chain of India. It provides state-of-the art facilities and is well equipped with advanced healthcare facilities.
- We have an NABH accredited, multi-specialty, tertiary care, flagship hospital in our network. It is the first hospital in India to have highly advanced technologies such as intelligent critical patient monitoring system, an endovascular suite, MRI-PET fusion technology and many more modern facilities.
- One of India’s largest multi-super specialty institutes is a part of our network. It houses a research center, medical and nursing school in its campus, and has six centers of excellence that provide a well-integrated and comprehensive information system to its patients.
- We offer lap banding at 30%-40% of the American prices. We facilitate lap band surgery across the leading hospitals in Delhi for prices beginning from $7,100. We recommend you to fill the estimate form on the right for a more accurate price quote and the latest specials.
Traveling to Delhi
- Entry requirements: Passport and visa are required by almost all people from other countries.
- Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Local transportation: Private transportation will be provided for all medical purposes. For other reasons, medical tourists are advised to use transportation arranged by the hotel. Local public transportation may be crowded and inconvenient.
- Hotel: We will assist you in finding an affordable accommodation near the decided hospital.
- Currency exchange: Currency should always be exchanged at authorized dealers such as American Express or Thomas Cook outlets. Most banks are also authorized to deal in currency exchange. Currency exchange counters are available inside the airport.
- Language: Majority of the local population speaks Hindi. Many Indians speak English as well. Since our network hospitals have English-speaking staff, language barriers during your stay would be minimal.
- Greeting etiquette: Indians greet each other by lightly pressing the palms together and bringing them in front of the chest. Fingers are pointed upwards. It is accompanied with a slight bow. Due to influence of western culture, many Indians shake hands to greet.
Making it Relatively Stress-Free
Those seeking gastric banding in New Delhi may go sight-seeing before or after the surgery, after consulting their respective doctor. The following may be included in your itinerary:
- Qutub Minar, Red Fort, and Humayun’s Tomb are declared as World Heritage Sites.
- Jantar mantar: It has 13 architectural astronomy instruments built in 18th century.
- India Gate: It is the landmark of New Delhi. It is one of the largest war memorials in India.
Lap band surgery in Delhi could be significantly cheaper than in the US, and is available without any major waiting time. Therefore, patients who fear high prices and are tired of the long waiting lines in their own country may consider getting it done here.