Our Current Limited Time Discounted Price – $5,250.
Length of Stay in Hospital
About 1 night based on doctor’s recommendation.
Who Qualifies for Lap Band?
Candidates with a BMI exceeding 30 (some exceptions for lower BMI) qualify for gastric banding in Tijuana with Bariatric Surgery World (BSW). Please note that only the doctor can suggest if a candidate qualifies for lap band or not based on his/her medical questionnaire.
We provide free pick-up services from the San Diego International Airport or any hotel close to the border or the airport in San Diego.
Hospital for Surgery in TJ
We have a state-of-the-art hospital for gastric banding in the Mexican border town under our network. This hospital
- Boasts of clients from the US, Canada and even Europe.
- Has full electrical back-up
- Has an in-house water filtration system
- Has its own pharmacy and a fully functional ICU
To learn more on this bariatric surgery hospital in TJ, click on the hyperlink.
Our Network Bariatric Surgeons
Many of the leading names in the field of bariatric surgery are under our network. They-
- Have participated in international seminars and meets such as the –
- Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia De Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas A.C. held in Ensenada , Baja California in 2011
- IFSO 2010 World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Long Beach, Los Angeles
- 2008 International Congress of General Surgery in León, México
- Are members of prestigious organizations, such as the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders and the American Gastroenterological Association
- Have actively participated in educational activities of highly reputable institutions such as the Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Are certified from renowned universities such as the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine, Baltimore
Testimonials of Our Past Clients
What are others saying about choosing BSW for facilitating their gastric banding surgery in Tijuana? A lot of good things! We have a huge compendium of Mexico bariatric surgery patient testimonials and feedback.
One such client of ours, Darlin Pitts from Dallas, Texas, talks about her experience of traveling to TJ for her surgery in this video.
Why Choose the Border Town for Your Surgery?
There are many reasons that go in favor of choosing lap band surgery in Tijuana. Here are a few of them:
- Huge savings – almost 70% of the American prices
- Excellent quality care
- Savings on travel time and expenses – TJ is only 25 km from San Diego, CA
- The city holds the distinction of being the most visited Mexican city by Americans
- The border town is extremely close to an American airport (San Diego Intl. Airport, which is less than half an hour away)
- Easy communication because of English-speaking surgeons and medical staff
- Negligible to no waiting period
Lap Band Surgery Explained
- Lap band, a restrictive surgical procedure, shrinks the size of the stomach by using a silicone band.
- The band divides the stomach into two compartments – a small upper pouch and a larger lower pouch.
- This weight loss surgery reduces the amount of food the stomach can hold.
- The narrow passage between the two pouches delays emptying of food, making one feel sated after eating smaller quantities of food.
- Lap band surgery is also known as laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, LAGB, A-Band, gastric banding and stomach banding.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Make sure you educate yourself on the procedure.
- Pare down your diet; this will prepare your stomach for the substantial dietary changes you will have to make after your surgery.
- Replace unhealthy snacks with lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
- Start working out. Consult your physician in this regard.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
After Your Lap Band Surgery
- You will have to stick to a liquid diet for at least two weeks after your surgery.
- You will be able to graduate to pureed foods three to four weeks after your surgery.
- Eat only small portions of food.
- Do not drink water for at least 45 minutes after eating.
- Replace the consumption of pasta, rice and bread with soft fruits and veggies.
- Make sure you incorporate an exercise regimen into your routine. Ask your physician about the kind of exercises that would suit you after your lap band procedure.
Tips on Planning Your Surgery Trip
- Before you begin your search for a competent surgeon, you need to clearly understand all the aspects of lap band surgery and how they will affect you.
- Consult your primary-care physician to determine if adjustable gastric banding surgery in Mexico is right for you.
- After you have a solid understanding of the procedure, create a list of bariatric surgeons in Tijuana.
- Verify whether each surgeon on your list is board-certified and has an up-to-date license from his/her country/state’s medical board. Once you have verified the list, contact them and ask them for some referrals and patient testimonies.
- You can get in touch with Bariatric Surgery World to find a reputable hospital and bariatric surgeon in the Mexican border town.
Lap band here in the Mexican border town can provide a cost-effective solution to people struggling with obesity. Click on the hyperlink to learn more on Tijuana as a weight loss surgery destination.
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for more information on affordable lap band surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.