| With is diverse cultural offerings and low cost healthcare, India is fast becoming a favored destination among medical tourists. For people who may not have been able to lose enough weight with non-surgical methods, gastric sleeve surgery in India could be an easy and relatively inexpensive solution.|
Cost: Please submit quote request form on right for price estimate.
In India, we offer gastric sleeve surgery in New Delhi, Mumbai, Goa and Banglore.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Indications / Qualification
Cost saving: Gastric sleeve surgery India could be as much as 40-50% cheaper than the US prices.
Alternate Names: sleeve gastrectomy, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, tube gastrectomy, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, vsg.
- Gastric sleeve surgery is suggested for severely obese patients with BMI more than 35.
- Patients with BMI 30-35 may be accepted, if they are suffering from severe obesity related diseases.
- A complete health screening is required to determine the patient’s eligibility for the procedure.
- Age, health and pregnancy (in case of females in reproductive age), are some of the factors that are considered before the surgery.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Details
- This is a restrictive form of weight loss surgery, in which the surgeon removes 85% of the stomach.
- With the help of medical staples, the stomach is reduced to the shape of a tube or banana.
- Performed laparoscopically.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery may be used as a first step for a staged approach for weight loss. In case of insufficient weight loss, it may be followed with another form of weight loss surgery like gastric bypass or duodenal switch.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Pros and Cons Advantages/ Benefits
Disadvantages / risks
- According to various published reports, gastric sleeve is a safe and effective method of surgical weight loss.
- This surgery does not reduce the absorption capacity of the stomach.
- Eliminates the portion of stomach that produces hunger hormone ‘Ghrelin,’ which decreases the patient’s desire for food.
- No dumping syndrome.
- Leakages from the staple line.
- Non-adjustable and non-reversible.
- Issue of weight regain due to stretching of the stomach pouch.
- Standard risks associated with any surgery like bleeding, infection etc.
Tourist Safety in India Medical tourists looking to get gastric sleeve in India should follow all basic safety measures to avoid becoming targets of petty crimes. Useful safety tips:
We have networked with some of the renowned bariatric surgeons to offer gastric sleeve surgery in India at affordable prices.
- Beware of pickpockets, especially at crowded places like airports, railway stations and popular markets and tourist spots.
- It is advisable to be careful with your money.
- Do not leave your suitcase unlocked in a hotel room.
- Tourists, especially women, should avoid deserted places and poorly lit areas.
- Always prefer bottled drinking water.
- Prefer private transportation arranged by your hotel, especially if you are traveling after dark.
Apart from this, we also offer various other surgical weight loss procedures like gastric band, gastric plication, duodenal switch surgery and gastric bypass surgery in India.