Gastric sleeve surgery in Mumbai, India could be of help to the cost sensitive medical traveler. The services are offered at top-notch hospitals, which have English-speaking, well trained medical staff.
Cost: Please submit quote request form on right for price estimate.
Alternate names of gastric sleeve surgery: vertical sleeve gastrectomy, sleeve gastrectomy, VSG, greater curvature gastrectomy, parietal gastrectomy, gastric reduction, and vertical gastroplasty.
Other cities for gastric sleeve surgery in India are: New Delhi, Bangalore, Gurgaon.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Mumbai Features
- An experienced bariatric surgeon of India who:
- Is a preceptor of American society of bariatric surgeons
- Has performed hundreds of laparoscopic surgeries.
- Performed the first laparoscopic gastric band surgery & first gastric bypass surgery in India.
- Has received training from USA and France.
- A premier multi-specialty hospital, which:
- Affiliated to Harvard Medical and accredited by JCI and NABH.
- Is the first hospital in South Asia to be recognized by the American Blue Cross Blue Shield network.
- Adheres to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, medication safety, and infection control standards.
- Is well equipped with latest technology equipment and provides state of the art facilities to its patients.
Traveling to Mumbai for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Entry requirements: A valid passport and visa is required.
- Airport: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM)
- Country Stay: It requires a 4-night hospital stay, which is included in the surgery package. An additional 3-5 night stay in country is required. The tourists will be assisted in finding an affordable accommodation.
- Currency exchange: Currency should be exchanged only at authorized dealers such as Thomas Cook and American Express. Most banks are also authorized to deal in currency exchange. There are currency exchange booths inside the airport, before the customs area. Buying foreign currency from unauthorized places is illegal.
- Local transportation: Private transportation for all medical appointments is included in the package. For non-medical purposes, medical tourists are advised to use a taxi booked by the hotel where they will be staying.
If you have decided to get gastric sleeve surgery in Mumbai, you may seek the permission of your surgeon and check out the following tourist spots:
- Gateway of India: It was built during the British rule to welcome King George V and Queen Marry.
- Marine Drive: Also known as queen’s necklace. It is a 3 km long stretch along the natural bay of the Arabian Sea. It is a nice walkway to take a stroll.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: It is the largest urban park in the world having a rich variety of flora and fauna.
- Elephanta caves: These are rock cut caves located on Elephanta Island, located in the Arabian Sea.
Gastric sleeve surgery in Mumbai can be combined with a learning session of alternative medicines such as yoga and meditation, which could be helpful in losing weight as well as in beating the post surgery stress. For further guidance the patients may consult the surgeon who will be performing the operation in India.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates low cost Gastric Sleeve in Mumbai, India. Fill out the quote request form on the right for more details.