We recommend that you fill the estimate form on the right for the latest prices of and specials on duodenal switch in Tijuana.
About 3-4 nights, based on doctor’s recommendation.
Qualifications for Duodenal Switch Surgery with BSW
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol
- Any other co-morbidity of obesity
Free Pick-up Facility
We provide free pick-up services for our clients from the San Diego International Airport or any hotel near the airport or at the border in San Diego.
Benefits of Choosing Tijuana for Duodenal Switch Surgery
- Savings to the tune of 70% over American prices. The cost of duodenal switch surgery in Mexico is substantially lower than in First World countries.
- No communication problems—we have English-speaking surgeons under our network.
- Getting there is easy – the Mexican city borders San Ysidro in California.
- The city is very close to an American airport (the San Diego Internationally Airport).
- Culturally quite similar to America.
- Since TJ is the most frequently visited city by Americans, you won’t feel like a fish out of water during your trip for duodenal switch weight loss surgery.
- Zero waiting time.
Features of Our Network Hospital
We will facilitate your biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD-DS) surgery at one of the foremost hospitals in TJ, Mexico. This hospital has the following amenities –
- In-house cafeteria and pharmacy
- Full electrical back-up with generator
- Water purification system
- State-of-the-art ICU
The hospital is conveniently located only 3-4 blocks from the border crossing area.
Credentials of Our Bariatric Surgeons
We, at BSW in our endeavor to ensure you quality duodenal switch surgery in Mexico rivaling standards found in the US, have collaborated with only the most reputable names in the field of bariatric surgery in TJ. Our network obesity surgeons in the Mexican border town –
- Have impressive medical credentials – one of our network surgeons is certified by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Are members of prestigious medical associations, such as the American Gastroenterological Association and the Mexican Association of Endoscopia Gastrointestinal.
- Have ample experience of performing weight loss surgeries. In fact, our associate weight loss surgeons have performed hundreds of minimally invasive bariatric surgical procedures till date.
- Are constantly involved in furthering their knowledge and experience by attending international meets and symposiums, such as –
- Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia De Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas A.C.held in Ensenada , Baja California in 2011
- 2012 World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Are fluent in English.
What is Duodenal Switch Surgery?
- It is both restrictive and malabsorptive.
- Approximately 70% of the stomach portion is removed along the greater curvature portion.
- This effectively restricts the amount of food consumed by the patient.
- However, the functionality of the stomach remains intact.
- Stomach remains attached to a very short segment of duodenum that helps in absorption of nutrients.
- The small intestine is re-routed to create two pathways for promoting mal-absorption.
- A shorter path, called digestive loop, carries food.
- A longer biliopancreatic pathway carries the bile and digestive juices.
- Both these pathways meet at a common channel of the small intestine.
- This is the place where the food is mixed with the digestive juices.
- Since the common channel is a small portion of the small intestine, very less amount of calories are absorbed by the patient’s body.
- This procedure is also known by the names DS, vertical gastrectomy with duodenal switch, extensive gastric bypass with duodenal switch, and gastric reduction duodenal switch.
Pre-Surgery Preparation and Tips
- You are advised to attend group meetings, go through various websites providing valuable information on the surgery and talk to patients about their experience with the procedure to gain better insight into BPD-DS.
- Stay off carbonated and caffeinated drinks; this will help prevent any withdrawal symptoms later.
- Your main intention is to prepare the liver for surgery; hence, do not indulge in any kind of “last supper” treats for yourself before surgery.
- A day before surgery you will be put on clear liquid diet.
- Since postoperative patients run the risk of nutritional deficiencies, they will have to take nutritional supplements for lifetime.
- They will have to stick to low-cal, low fat and high-protein diet.
- Consumption of 1.5l of fluids per day is recommended.
- Post-surgery, patients are advised not to drink for at least one hour before their meals.
- They will be put on a liquid diet for two days after the surgery.
- They will have to consume high-protein liquids and semi–solids for about three weeks after their surgery.
- They will gradually be able to transition to minced and chopped protein-rich foods.
Useful Info on Planning Your Weight Loss Surgery Trip to TJ
- Located about 17 miles from San Diego.
- The San Ysidro Port of Entry (border crossing point to Tijuana) is open 24*7.
- American citizens, including minors, need to carry passport/passport card to enter Mexico.
- Canadian residents need to carry a valid passport to gain entry into Mexico.
- The local business establishments usually do not accept traveler’s checks here.
- Though the staff in our network hospital is English-speaking, we advise you to carry a Spanish-English dictionary with you to address any language problems when out on the street.
Click here for more information on the Mexican border town.
We facilitate affordable duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion in a leading hospital in Tijuana.
Submit the free quote-request form on the right for further information.