The large number of bariatric sleeve surgery success stories from Mexico clearly proves that Mexico is one of the hotspots for people who want to lose weight, but cannot do so after punctiliously following fitness and diet regimes.
Moreover, bariatric surgery is very expensive in the US and the average individual cannot afford it because often insurance companies do not cover these procedures.
More and more overweight people are, therefore, turning to places such as Mexico to undergo weight loss surgery in order to deal with their weight problems.
Undergoing bariatric sleeve surgery in Mexico is definitely the ideal solution for people who are up for losing weight through surgical procedures and regaining their self-confidence, that too at prices much lower than what the procedure would cost in their home countries.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is just one of the procedures that come under the umbrella of bariatric surgeries. Here is a brief overview of the procedure:
- The surgeon performing this procedure removes a major portion of the stomach, leaving a sleeve-shaped or tube-shaped structure.
- Since the surgeon uses a laparoscope or a tiny camera with a viewing tube, small incisions are made instead of a large incision, which means that patients do not have to deal with large ugly scars at the end of this weight loss surgery.
- Some of the alternative names of bariatric gastric sleeve surgery are Gastric sleeve resection, Sleeve gastrectomy, Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), Tube gastrectomy and Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG).
- Sleeve gastrectomy surgery also inhibits the secretion of Ghrelin – the hormone responsible for stimulating appetite, by cutting out that part of the stomach in which this hunger inducing hormone is produced.
- Numerous scientific studies, one of them called “Quality of life after sleeve gastrectomy and adjustable gastric banding” by Alley JB, Fenton SJ, Harnisch MC, Tapper DN, Pfluke JM, Peterson RM, have corroborated that sleeve gastrectomy improves the general wellbeing of individuals, post surgery.
- The procedure eliminates obesity by making slight alterations in the anatomical structure or capacity of the patient’s digestive tract.
One of the novel bariatric procedures, sleeve gastrectomy is quickly gaining popularity and those interested in the procedure can find plenty of success stories and gastric sleeve testimonials from Mexico to go through.
Candidates for Stomach Sleeve Surgery
The following make good candidates for gastric sleeve surgery:
- Patients worried about intestinal bypass side effects such as ulcers, protein deficiency, anemia, and others.
- Patients who dislike foreign substances such as lap bands in their bodies.
- Patients suffering from anemia, Crohn’s disease, and other complicated problems that prevent them from undergoing weight loss procedures.
- Men who are100 pounds overweight and women who are 80 pounds overweight.
- People suffering from obesity-related disorders such as high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and others.
Advantages of Undergoing Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
The benefits of undergoing sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico are many:
- Mexico is a great vacation destination and patients can easily club their medical procedure with a relaxing vacation. A trip to Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery gives one the chance to experience the diversity of this Latin American country’s opulent culture and beauty.
- Traveling to Mexico is easy and cheap.
- Surgical procedures in Mexico are much cheaper than in the US. One can also apply for loans for weight loss surgery in Mexico.
- The quality of medical care is excellent as most of the surgeons are trained in the US and can also communicate in flawless English.
- There are numerous world class JCI and ISO accredited hospitals in Mexico using state-of-the-art technology and the latest bariatric instrumentation.
Analysis of Some of the Gastric Sleeve Success Stories from Mexico
If you go through a handful of Sleeve Gastrectomy success stories from Mexico, you will find that some of the common reasons for which they opted for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico are as follows:
- Majority of them could not afford a sleeve surgical procedure in the US because their insurance companies did not include any kind of bariatric surgery under the gamut of medical procedures covered by them.
- Mexico was the only destination they could think of setting to with a small budget.
- They did their share of research on the quality of medical services in Mexico and also the competence levels of Mexican obesity surgeons and were able to deduce that undertaking a medical trip to Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery would indeed be a sensible decision.
- They are now a slimmer version of themselves and are recounting their weight loss surgery experience in the form of sleeve gastrectomy testimonials for Mexico.
One can also go through the testimonial of a patient who underwent vertical sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.
The internet is replete with bariatric sleeve surgery success stories from Mexico and innumerable before-and-after photographs for candidate interested in understanding the procedure better and considering traveling to Mexico for sleeve gastrectomy.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates affordable bariatric sleeve surgery in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.