People wanting to go for gastric sleeve surgery can opt for the same in India, as India has a big pool of bariatric surgeons who are highly qualified and experienced and the entire costs associated with gastric sleeve weight loss surgery trip to India are quite low as compared to most of the other countries.
Undergoing bariatric sleeve surgery in India can be very cost effective. Bariatric sleeve surgery, also known as Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) or Gastric Sleeve Resection, is a restrictive form of weight loss surgery that helps patients lose weight by reducing the size of the stomach and thereby permanently reducing the patients’ capacity to eat.
Overview of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Under this surgical procedure, a major part of the stomach, between 65-80% is removed, leaving only a tube shaped small part of the stomach with very limited capacity to store food.
- Included in the removed part is also that part of stomach that is responsible for production of ghrelin, a hormone chiefly responsible for hunger pangs.
The gastric sleeve surgery brings about weight loss in two ways:
- Reduced size of the stomach greatly reduces a person’s capacity to eat at a particular time, as stomach can store very less amount of food and the patient feels full quickly.
- Since ghrelin producing part of the stomach is removed, signals of hunger sensations sent to the brain are greatly reduced and patient feels hungry less often.
Gastric sleeve surgery is usually recommended to patients with a BMI of 35 or above. Patients with lower BMI but suffering from other obesity related diseases such as diabetes and blood pressure may also be recommended for gastric sleeve surgery.
Why Plan a Gastric Sleeve Surgery Trip to India?
- Excellent quality treatments are provided at affordable prices in India. The gastric sleeve weight loss surgery cost in India is quite low, compared specifically to the prices of the procedures in the U.K. and the U.S.A.
- Financial assistance for weight loss surgery in India is also available.
- Bariatric surgeons in India are experienced and well trained. Most of them have been trained in the U.S.
- Many of the surgeons are preceptors of the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons.
- Hospitals in India are world class, equipped with state of the art infrastructural facilities.
- Latest technology and equipment are used by surgeons to provide treatment to the patients.
- There is no waiting time for getting medically treated in India.
- English speaking staff has been employed by most of the hospitals to ensure ease of communication with foreign patients. Staff is also very well trained and provides complete assistance to the patient during his/her stay at the hospital.
- Apart from affordable sleeve gastrectomy in India, other types of bariatric surgeries in India that are available at competitive costs are lap band surgery, gastric bypass, mini-gastric bypass, and revision surgery.
- All major cities, which are also the centers for getting high quality low cost bariatric surgery, are well connected with the rest of world through frequent flights.
- Since India is a well renowned tourist destination, one can always plan a medical-cum-leisure trip and visit the famous tourist destinations in this land of diversity.
Some of the major must-see attractions of India are:
- Qutub Minar, the Red Fort, Jantar Mantar, and India Gate in Delhi.
- The Gateway of India, Siddhivinayak temple, and the Elephanta Caves in Mumbai.
- The Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Kovalam beach in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Obtaining a Medical Visa – India
This visa is granted for a period of one year or for the time within which treatment is likely to complete, whichever is less, with the provision of further extension of the visa up to a period of 12 months. But such an extension of visa must be based on the suggestion made by the medical treatment center.
Tips for Medical Tourists in India
- Enquire about the top surgeons and hospitals beforehand.
- Make sure that you carry all the necessary documents.
- Exchange currency only at authorized counters.
- Commonly accepted credit/debit card are American Express, Visa and Master card.
- Enquire about the tourist places in the city you are visiting.
Gastric Sleeve Cost in India
Travelling to India is very easy on the pocket, as not only is the gastric sleeve cost in India low, but also traveling to and within India can be quite economical. So, at a fraction of what would be the mere cost of obesity surgery in a country such as the UK or the USA, a patient can travel to India, get a gastric sleeve done and also enjoy a vacation in India.
Bariatric Surgery India has helped many foreign patients get back in health. It is advisable to find out all details before you fly down to India for weight loss surgery.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates affordable Gastric Sleeve surgery in India. For more information and FREE quote, submit the estimate–request form on the right.