With Type II diabetes comes morbidity, with morbidity comes mortality. If you’re losing hope already, a special type of bariatric surgery in Mexico—Duodenal-jejunal bypass surgery or DJB—might help in treating your Type II diabetes without giving you a very heavy medical bill.
Imagine a life without medication support.
Imagine your diabetes burying its own dead and with it, its cronies following suit i.e. infections, microvascular, neuropathic complications, etc.
Diabetes Fact File
Before you book your dates with a bariatric surgeon in Mexico, you should know these facts about diabetes:
- As of January 2011, 25.8 million children and adults in the United States alone or 8.3% of the population were living with diabetes.
- Per capita cost for healthcare for diabetics is approximately 5 times more than people without diabetes.
- The complications associated with Type 2 diabetes are hypoglycaemia and hyperglycemia, increased risk of infections, retinopathy and nephropathy, microvascular and macrovascular complications, and heart disease and stroke.
- Type II diabetes is the most common type of diabetes and it is more common amongst Latinos, Asian Americans, African Americans and Native Americans.
DJB – For Diabetics who are not Obese
Usually, non-obese but diabetic people remain undiagnosed for a long time before the first symptoms start appearing. In fact, about a third of people who have Type II Diabetes don’t know that they have it.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, a comprehensive test may be required to determine your candidature for type 2 diabetes surgery:
- Increased thirst
- Dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Increased hunger
If you’re already diagnosed with it and have a Body Mass Index < 35, you may want to consider DJB in Mexico – a stomach preserving bypass surgery. In other words, it’s a bypass which doesn’t involve stomach stapling. This surgery will bypass parts of small intestine, resulting in limited absorption of fat.
The Cost of Duodenal-Jejunal Switch in Mexico
As discussed above, the cost of living with diabetes, in monetary terms, is 5 times more than living without it. Now, you can either choose to live a diabetic life or you can divert this money used to control diabetes towards getting a duodenal gastric bypass surgery in Mexico.
- When compared to the cost in the US or Canada, the cost in Mexico is a mere fraction. DJB in Mexico will allow you to save 50-60% of the cost.
- If you still cannot afford to pay the lump sum, you may seek assistance with medical loans. One can even avail unsecured medical loans with a little higher interest rate.
- Many people are cynical of the quality of treatments in Mexico. To them, the low cost of treatments and safety of procedure do not go hand in hand.
- It would be relieving to know that the good Mexican surgeons are schooled and trained in American schools and many of them have years of experience dealing with foreign patients. You may ask for treatment in hospitals that are accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) to ensure they meet.
A duodenal jejunal bypass surgery in Mexico could be your one-way ticket to a diabetes-free life so that you no longer would have to think twice before savoring a little sweetness every time.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Duodenal-Jejunal Bypass Surgery in Mexico.