$6,500. Prices are subject to change. We recommend you send us the online-estimate form for the latest prices and specials.
About 2-3 days based on doctor’s recommendation.
Free Pick-up Facility
We offer free pick-up from the San Diego International Airport. We also offer free pick-up from any hotel close to the San Diego airport or the border area.
Who Qualifies for Gastric Bypass in Tijuana with BSW?
Candidates with Body Mass Index (BMI) exceeding 35 (with some exceptions for a lower BMI).
Please note that only the doctor can suggest whether one makes a good candidate for gastric bypass or not after evaluating his/her medical questionnaire.
Our Network Hospital
- Conveniently located only two-three blocks from the San-Ysidro Port of Entry
- Has its own state-of-the-art ICU
- Air-conditioned and well appointed patient rooms
- All amenities such as cafeteria and own pharmacy
- Water purification system
Click on the hyperlink to learn more on this Tijuana bariatric surgery hospital.
Profile of Our Weight Loss Surgeons
For your Roux-en-Y bypass surgery in Tijuana, you can look forward to getting treated at the hands of surgeons who have –
- Excellent educational credentials to boast of
- Certified by renowned institutions such as the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Are members of renowned medical bodies such as
- the American Gastroenterological Association
- the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- the Mexican Association of Endoscopia Gastrointestinal
- Have participated and assisted in numerous seminars and meets such as
- 2010 IFSO World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Los Angeles, California
- 2011 Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia De Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas A.C. held in Ensenada , Baja California
- 2012 World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- Gastric bypass involves the creation of a small pouch to limit food intake and the construction of bypasses of the duodenum and other parts of the small intestine to cause malabsorption.
- Possible serious complications after the surgery include
- Pulmonary embolism
- Heart attack
- Leakage of stomach contents into the abdomen
- Dumping syndrome
- Other health problems due to nutritional deficiencies
- In Tijuana mini gastric bypass is another low cost alternative available to medical tourists that takes only about thirty minutes of surgery, with minimal pain, and can easily be revised or reversed.
- Patients can expect to lose 60% of their extra body weight over the first few years post surgery.
- Following the recommended diet and exercise will help patients lose more excess pounds and keep them off permanently.
- Alternative names for gastric bypass – Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, gastric bypass – Roux-en-Y, RNY.
- Pay heed to the set of instructions given by your healthcare team.
- There will be some dietary restrictions imposed on you before your surgery. Make sure you follow all the diet recommendations.
- Quit smoking.
- Follow an exercise regime as recommended by your physician.
- Make sure you drink at least 64 ounces of fluids every day.
- Prepare your body for the substantial dietary cuts you will have to make after your surgery; start consuming controlled portion sizes.
- You will be put on liquid and pureed foods two to three weeks after your surgery.
- You will be asked to avoid high calorie foods.
- You will have to cut down on alcohol consumption.
- Avoid drinking fizzy drinks.
- You will be able to switch to soft foods four to six weeks after your surgery.
- You might hit a weight loss plateau for a brief period of time. Making alterations to your diet and exercise routine will help you overcome plateaus.
Benefits of Choosing TJ for Your Surgery
- Significant cost savings: The cost of gastric bypass surgery in Tijuana is substantially lower than the prices charged in the US and Canada.
- Culturally quite similar to America: The border town is the most frequented Mexican city by Americans. Hence, it is culturally not very different from the United States.
- Proximity: The border town is very close to an American airport (San Diego International Airport). Americans living in and around the TJ US-Mexico border area such as San Ysidro can just drive down to their destination and enjoy more cost savings.
- No language barriers: Medical tourists who choose Mexico for their gastric bypass surgery do not find any communication problems because of English speaking hospital staff.
We have a long list of reviews of patients on their experience of choosing BSW for facilitating their weight loss surgery. You may check out this video in which Dusty, a Canadian resident reviews gastric bypass WLS in Mexico.
Get to Know Your Surgery Destination
- TJ is located in Baja California right across the US-Mexico border about 17 miles from San Diego, California.
- It is the largest city in Baja California.
- Visitors from the US can enter Mexico with only a driver’s license, though carrying a passport at all times is highly recommended.
- Those traveling by car from San Diego can take the Interstate-5 or I-805.
- To avoid long wait times due to heavy traffic in Mexico, you can choose to park at the border and walk to your destination in TJ.
Click on this link to get all the information you would require to have a safe and hassle-free trip for weight loss surgery in Tijuana.
For more information on Gastric Bypass in Tijuana and your FREE Quote, fill-out the estimate-request form on the right.