About $6,000. We suggest you fill the online quote request form for the latest prices and specials.
Package price includes 2-night hospital stay and 1-night hotel stay.
Qualifying Conditions for Gastric Bypass With BSW
- Candidates with a Body Mass Index (BMI) exceeding 35 (with some exceptions for a lower BMI) may qualify for gastric bypass in Guadalajara with us.
- However, the final decision on qualifications would be based on the doctor’s appraisal of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Complimentary Ground Transportation
We believe in providing value-for-money services to our clients; and part of this is gratis pick-up services from the Guadalajara International Airport (IATA: GDL).
Benefits of Choosing Guadalajara for RNY Bypass
- You save significant amounts of money.
- The city is served by its own international airport; hence getting there is easy.
- We facilitate RNY/gastric bypass at a state-of-the-art hospital here. So you can look forward to quality care by paying only a fraction of the American prices.
- Guadalajara has a significant American retiree population. Hence, you won’t feel you are in a foreign country.
- The city is quite “Americanized”.
- Language barriers are virtually absent.
- You won’t have to face any waiting lists.
Weight Loss Surgeon We Work With
Your affordable gastric bypass surgery in Guadalajara will be performed a highly experienced bariatric surgeon. In order to facilitate quality weight loss surgeries, we work with only the best names in the field of bariatric surgery in Mexico. We have enlisted his profile in brief as follows:
- Diploma in Minimally Invasive Advanced Surgery (Laparoscopic) and Robotic Surgery from Hospital Torre Medica (2005-06)
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass and duodenal switch (fellowship) fromCentro Laparoscopico de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon Spain (January-April 2006)
- Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course at IFSO (International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) XIII World Congress, Buenos Aires, Argentina (September 2008)
- Lap Band, Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass (fellowship) from Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio (November 2008)
- Served as faculty in laparoscopic surgery course at Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona, Medical Center Bellvitge, Spain (April 2006)
- Assisted Dr. Carlos Ballesta, MD full time in weight loss surgeries (January-April 2006)
- Served as bariatric surgeon at Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (Mexican Government Social Security Institute), Hospital General No. 35, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (May 2006-April 2009)
Gastric Bypass Explained
Gastric bypass is also known as Roux-en-Y Bypass, Roux-en-Y surgery and RNY. The procedure involves the following:
- The stomach is divided into a small upper and a bigger lower pouch.
- The small intestine is divided and attached to the smaller pouch. This helps bypass a major portion of the stomach and the intestine.
- The upper stomach pouch holds substantially less quantity of food.
- Bypassing the intestine reduces calorie absorption, which aids in weight loss.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass also helps ameliorate diabetes in morbidly obese patients (refer to study by R.V. Cohen and colleagues published in the July 2012 issue of the journal Diabetes Care).
- You will have to switch to a high protein diet (including protein shakes) two weeks before your surgery. This will help shrink the size of your liver.
- You will have to stop taking certain medications such as Aspirin, Coumadin, and Plavix one week before your surgery.
- Make sure you eliminate sweetened, carbonated and caffeinated beverages.
- You will have to consume clear liquids (apple juice, vegetable or chicken broth, and jell-O) for two days before your surgery.
- Start exercising for at least 20 minutes, 3 days a week.
- Since your newly formed stomach will be able to hold only one fourth of a cup of food, make sure you eat only when you are hungry. Eating more will make you nauseated.
- Make sure you chew your food thoroughly.
- Do not mix drinking with eating. Make sure you do not drink anything for at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Make sure to drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluids every day.
- Avoid taking foods that are high in fiber.
- Exercise for about 30 minutes every day.
Our Patient Testimonials
We, at BSW, have helped people from all corners of the globe find quality weight loss surgeries for much lower costs than in the West. And in our pursuit of garnering as many happy clients as we can, we have collated a large number of positive patient testimonials and reviews. In one such testimonial, Dusty shares her experience of having gastric bypass in Mexico.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on RNY Gastric Bypass in Guadalajara.