We, at BSW, facilitate low cost and quality gastric bypass in major Mexican cities such as Cancun, Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta, and Mexicali.
Our special gastric bypass packages range from $6,400 to $9,500.
Pay only $6,500 for gastric bypass in Tijuana.
For the latest prices and specials, fill our online quote-form now.
Average length of hospital stay is 2-3 nights.
Who Qualifies for Gastric Bypass With BSW?
- Candidates with a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or more (with some exceptions for a lower BMI) qualify for RNY / gastric bypass in Mexico with us.
- Qualifications for surgery would also depend on the doctor’s examination of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Free Ground Transportation
As part of our complete value-for-money packages, we offer complimentary shuttle services from the following pick-up points:
- For Tijuana: The San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN) or any hotel close to the border or the airport in San Diego, CA
- For Puerto Vallarta: The Puerto Vallarta International Airport (IATA: PVR)
- For Cancun: The Cancun International Airport (IATA:CUN)
- For Guadalajara: The Guadalajara International Airport (IATA: GDL)
- For Mexicali: San Diego or Yuma, Arizona
Perks of Choosing Mexico for Your Weight Loss Surgery
- You pay substantially lower than in the US.
- You don’t have to travel much – border towns of Tijuana and Mexicali are just a stone’s throw away from the border.
- The American culture is a part of the Mexican way of living; hence you won’t feel you are in a foreign country.
- The hospitals we work with have English-speaking staff; hence communication problems are negligible.
- You won’t face any problems scheduling your surgery as waiting lists are non-existent here.
Hospitals for RNY Bypass Surgery
We work with a number of reputable hospitals in Mexico to facilitate your quality and affordable gastric bypass surgery. Here is s sneak-peek into the features of and facilities available in our network hospital for bariatric surgery in Tijuana:
- Very close to the San Ysidro Port of Entry
- Self sufficient medical facility with its own pharmacy (offering 30% discount) and clinical lab
- Special water filtration system
- Full electricity backup
- Own cafeteria
- Amenities such as Wi-Fi Internet, phone calls to the US and Canada, and television (both Spanish and English)
Credentials of Weight Loss Surgeons
We work with one of the best bariatric surgeons in Tijuana who has experience of performing more than 2,500 laparoscopic weight loss surgeries since 2009. Here is a brief overview of his profile:
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- Holder of Certification of Participation in Observation of Obesity Surgeries (2011) from Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital – Fresno, California under Dr. Kelvin D. Higa
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy from Hospital Angeles, Tijuana (2010)
- Presented the work entitled “Gastric bypass roux y as a salvage procedure of gastric banding” at the 2010 International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Cancun
- Gastric banding (2008) and gastric sleeve course (2010) from Hospital Angeles, Tijuana
- Assistant at the 2012 World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta
- Served as professor in minimally invasive surgery at Hospital Angeles, Tijuana (2009)
- Participated in numerous international congresses and conferences such as:
- the IFSO 2010 World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Ca
- 2008 International Congress of General Surgery, León, México
Our Patient Testimonials
We, at BSW, perpetually endeavor to provide complete value-for-money high quality services. We facilitate affordable weight loss surgeries across Mexico and have earned a long list of happy and satisfied customers for ourselves. You can go through numerous patient testimonials and experiences in the Videos section of our website. In one such video testimonial, Canadian resident Dusty talks about her experience of traveling to Mexico for gastric bypass surgery.
Overview of Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric bypass involves making the stomach smaller by dividing it into a small upper pouch and larger lower pouch using staples.
- After surgery, the food will enter the smaller upper pouch which will be able to hold only one ounce of food.
- Gastric bypass also involves connecting a small section of the small intestine to a tiny hole in the upper stomach pouch.
- As a result whatever food you eat will pass through this new “channel”, thereby bypassing a major part of the small intestine.
- This results in fewer calories being absorbed.
- Alternatives names of the procedure: Roux-en Y bypass, Roux-en-Y, and RNY.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Take the necessary pre-surgery health and psychological evaluation tests.
- If you smoke, then kick the habit at least a month before your surgery; that’s because smoking interferes with recuperation and can increase chances of risk during surgery.
- You will be asked to stop taking certain medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen and warfarin one week before your surgery.
- Incorporate some physical exercises (20 minutes a day, three times a week) in your schedule.
- Follow the diet plan as recommended by your physician.
- Restrict your number of meals to three in a day.
- Do not eat more than one-fourth of a cup of food, else you will end up feeling nauseated.
- Make sure you eat your food slowly and chew well.
- Do not drink anything for at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal.
- Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking at least 6-8 glasses of fluids every day.
- Completely eliminate high calorie, sugary beverages as these can jeopardize your weight loss plans.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on gastric bypass in Mexico.