With the help of gastric plication in Bangalore, India, obese patients can achieve that slimmer and healthier body without spending a fortune.
Through the years, weight loss surgery in India has become a very popular option for medical tourists from the US, Australia, the UK and other European countries, the Middle East and Africa, who lack insurance or simply cannot afford the high costs of medical treatments in their homeland.
Excess weight and obesity are the leading causes of many chronic diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. According to the Obesity and Overweight Factsheet released by the World Health Organization (WHO), around 2.8 million adults die annually due to obesity.
With obesity rates increasing across the globe, including the middle and low income countries, there has been a rise in the demand for low-cost bariatric surgery options such as lap band surgery in Mumbai and, of course, gastric sleeve plication surgery in Bangalore, India.
Quick Facts About Gastric Plication
For patients considering stomach plication in Bangalore, here is a brief overview of the procedure:
- Gastric plication reduces the size of the stomach to limit food intake. This procedure does not involve removing parts of the stomach or intestine or attachingany device to them. Instead, the stomach is folded inward and then the folds are sutured, keeping the stomach intact.
- Gastric plication is considered a safe weight loss surgery option as it is minimally invasive and reversible.
- There are fewer complications with gastric plication compared to other bariatric surgeries.
- The stomach’s capacity to absorb nutrients remains the same. Patients who have undergone gastric imbrication in Bangalore, India or anywhere else should eat foods high in nutrients since the surgery will make them feel full very quickly.
- Patients should expect to stay in the hospital for up to two days, post-surgery.
- Post-operation, patients should follow a strict diet program, especially designed for them.
Why get Gastric Plication in Bangalore?
- India is a well-known destination for affordable medical treatments. Compared to what patients pay in high-income countries, gastric plication prices in Bangalore are significantly lower, yet the results of treatments are equally satisfying. The low cost of medical treatments in India is attributed to the low cost of living plus low labor costs in the country. This affordability also applies to all other weight loss procedures such as gastric sleeve surgery in India.
- India’s reputable hospitals boast state-of-the-art facilities and excellent medical standards. As of July 2012, there are over 3 hospitals in Bangalore that have received accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI).
- Patients undergoing gastric plication in Bangalore, India can find many obesity surgeons, who have been educated and trained at reputable institutions abroad, particularly in the US, and are members of international medical organizations. The well-known obesity surgeons in India keep up-to-date with the latest international medical standards and guidelines.
- India has a sizeable English-speaking population so foreign patients will not find it hard to communicate with the doctors.
- Patients going for stomach plication in Bangalore should not worry about scheduling their procedure according to their convenience since long waiting lists are almost non-existent in India.
- Given the low gastric plication cost in Bangalore – India, patients can use their savings to turn their medical visit into a short vacation and experience India’s rich culture.
What to See in Bangalore?
There are many fascinating places that medical tourists can visit, including but not limited to:
- Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens: Visitors will find 1,854 plant species as well as a library filled with books on horticulture.
- Tipu Sultan’s Fort and Palace: With intricate architecture, stunning gardens and well-preserved antiquities, these structures are a must-see.
- Nandi Temple: This temple was built to appease a furious bull.
- Bangalore Palace: A very popular tourist attraction in the city, the architecture of this palace was inspired by the Windsor Castle.
Travel Tips for Bangalore, India
- When you travel to Bangalore, India for gastric plication, keep your passports, official documents, and all other important belongings in a safe place.
- Be wary of pickpockets in crowded places, such as airports, trains, and shopping areas.
- Drink bottled water and avoid street foods.
- Wear appropriate clothing in places of worship.
- Arrange private transportation with your hotel for safe travel.
- Learn some useful Hindi words like Namaste (hello), shukriya (thank you), haa (yes), nahi (no), and kitne paysay (how much).
Gastric plication in Bangalore, India is likely to be a positive experience for obese patients who are looking to finally turn their lives around.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates low-cost Gastric Plication in Bangalore – India. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.