About $6,500. For the latest prices and specials, fill the estimate request form on the right.
About 2 nights, based on the doctor’s recommendation.
Qualifications for Stomach Plication in Puerto Vallarta with BSW
- Anyone with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or more (with some exceptions for a lower BMI) qualifies for gastric plication in Puerto Vallarta with us.
- Please note the decision on who qualifies for gastric plication will be based on the doctor’s examination of the medical questionnaire.
We offer free pick-up services from the Puerto Vallarta international airport.
Why Choose PVR?
- Served by its own international airport, i.e., Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA: PVR).
- The resort city is culturally not very different from the United States.
- PVR is a favorite Spring-Break destination so you won’t feel that “foreign” here.
- English-speaking medical staff and locals associated with the tourism industry.
- With its palm-lined beaches and resorts, the city offers plenty of holidaying options to medical tourists.
Our Network Hospital – Facilities and Features
We facilitate quality and affordable stomach plication in Vallarta at a leading hospital here which has been serving locals and international patients alike for the last 31 years. We’ve enlisted some of the features of and facilities at this weight loss surgery hospital –
- State-of-the art ICU and Trauma Center
- Air and water purification systems
- Only few minutes from the PVR airport
- Wi-Fi Internet, and international calls to the US and Canada
- 24*7 availability of an English-speaking board-certified doctor
- Full electricity back-up
Who Will Perform Your Surgery?
One of the leading bariatric surgeons in Mexico who has gained experience and training from Spain, Argentina, Brazil, the US and Mexico would perform your gastric plication weight loss surgery in Puerto Vallarta. We’ve summarized his bio-data here –
- Degree in Medicine from Universidad de Guadalajara
- Degree in Surgery from Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua
- Diploma in Advanced Surgery (Laparoscopic) and Robotic Surgery from Hospital Torre Medica
- Fellowships from –
- Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (Jan-Apr 2006) in Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass and Duodenal Switch
- 2008 XIII World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held in Buenos Aires, Argentina (Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course)
- Bariatric Initiative for Latinoamérica (BILA), Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio (November 2008) in lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass
- Attended international conferences and meets
About Gastric Plication
- Alternatively known as gastric imbrication and laparoscopic greater curvature plication, gastric plication involves restricting the capacity of the stomach.
- Unlike gastric bypass or gastric sleeve, plication does not involve removal of any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The procedure involves folding the stomach into itself.
- Since the procedure is performed laparoscopically, it involves minimal cutting, scarring and quicker recovery.
- On the flipside, since the surgery is in its investigational stage, there is a dearth of studies supporting its long term results.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Make sure you educate yourself on all the aspects of the procedure.
- Follow the preoperative diet as suggested by your surgeon based on your BMI.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medication at least one week before your surgery.
- Stop taking any herbal medicines at least one week before your surgery.
- Make a strong resolve to incorporate life-long healthy changes after your surgery.
After Your Surgery
- For recovery to set in, you will be put on a diet of clear liquids and broths for about two weeks after your surgery.
- You will gradually be able to transition to solid foods in the following weeks.
- You will have to stick to a diet rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
- You will have to substantially cut down on foods rich in sugars, carbs and fats.
- Exercising will help speed your weight loss rate. Consult your doctor in this regard.
For more information on Puerto Vallarta, documents required for traveling to Mexico, accommodation options, travel information and safety tips, visit this page.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Gastric Plication in Puerto Vallarta.