Since there is a dearth of research studies on gastric plication, no constructive conclusions have been drawn regarding the efficacy of the procedure. Those interested in losing weight through this surgery may not know much about it.
That is why many people who’ve only heard of the procedure choose to go to forums and discussion boards for a bit of talk about stomach plication with those who’ve already undergone the procedure.
Those contemplating this bariatric surgery should do a comparative study of gastric plication versus gastric sleeve, lap band, and other weight loss surgeries.
Vertical Plication Information
Gastric plication in Mexico, India, and Jordan costs a fraction of the price charged for the procedure in the US, Canada, and the UK. Nonetheless, before you decide on undergoing gastric plication, you need to find out everything you can about it first.
- Total gastric vertical plication, also known as gastric imbrications and laparoscopic greater curvature plication, involves reduction of the gastric capacity without cutting any part of the stomach.
- The smaller stomach (with smaller capacity for food intake, of course) is achieved by folding the organ into itself.
- It is necessary to participate in plication surgery discussions first so that you get a better idea of where and when to get the procedure done.
- In the study titled Laparoscopic total gastric vertical plication in morbid obesity conducted by M Talebpour and BS Amolim, published in the December 2007 edition of the Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical techniques, Part A, it was determined that weight loss in sleeve plication surgery patients is the same as in the patients who chose other bariatric procedures.
- The study, however, states that weight loss in the morbidly obese following this procedure appears to be faster.
- Gastric plication comes with the benefit of doing away with the need of excising the stomach (as done in the case of gastric sleeve resection) and using a medical device such as those used in lap banding.
- And, in the end, if you decide to undergo gastric plication in India, Mexico, Jordan, or wherever it’s cheap you already know that you can tour the country before your procedure.
- If a holiday has been eluding you for a long time, your weight loss surgery trip can be doubled up as a vacation!
Why Engage in Gastric Plication Talk?
- Going through enough anecdotes from people who’ve undergone gastric plication in Mumbai, San Jose, Tijuana, or other medical tourism hub will give you a first-hand perspective of the procedure.
- Having gastric plication talks with those who have undergone the procedure would mean that you have a sizeable list of reputable doctors and hospitals.
- You can also get recommendations on which country or city to zero in on.
- Aside from providing information about the surgery, gastric plication forums are a good source for knowing about postoperative care.
- If you choose to get the procedure done in a foreign country, you need a doctor to take care of you back home. A plication surgery discussion board could point you to the right medical professionals.
- Experiencing last minute jitters? Get a stomach imbrication forum started to help you get over your apprehensions.
- It is better to discuss the complications related to gastric sleeve plication before you take the plunge. Gastric plication talk with those who have experienced the complications of the surgery should give you a handful of lessons on what to do and what not to do.
Gastric plication talk through forums can provide you a support system that may benefit you in your journey to lose weight and to be more active and fit. Not only can the people help you through the procedure itself, you may even make friends who will encourage you to persevere before you reach your ideal weight.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates affordable gastric plication in Mexico, India, Jordan, Costa Rica, Belgium and the USA. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.