When it comes to weight loss surgery, finance matters a lot. If you are from a developed country, undergoing gastric sleeve surgery can require an enormous amount of money.
But gastric sleeve financing in Mexico could be a viable solution for those who are either uninsured or lack the finances to pay for the surgery back home but who are desperate to lose excess weight.
Gastric sleeve surgery is extremely pricey and virtually out of reach for the average individual. Since insurance companies do not often cover weight-loss surgery procedures, more and more people turning to foreign countries such as Mexico to undergo low-cost gastric sleeve surgery. One can also get financial help for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- Gastric sleeve surgery, or gastric sleeve resection, is a fairly new type of bariatric surgery.
- The alternative names of gastric sleeve surgery are sleeve gastrectomy, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, tube gastrectomy, longitudinal sleeve gastrectomy, gastric tube procedure and parietal gastrectomy.
- In this surgery, the bariatric surgeon removes more than three fourth of the stomach.
- Following the procedure, the stomach takes the shape of a tube or sleeve resembling a banana, thereby allowing the patients to limit the amount of their consumed food.
- While performing laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, the surgeon inserts a viewing tube with a small camera (laparoscope) and other tiny instruments through 1/2-inch cuts to remove part of the stomach.
- Low-cost gastric sleeve in Mexico and in other medical tourism destinations of the world became popular among US adults after the U.S. National Institutes of Health recommended bariatric surgery for obese people with a body mass index (BMI) of at least 40, and for people with BMI 35 with serious medical conditions related to obesity such as sleep apnea and type 2 diabetes.
- In 2004, the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) brought forth some major developments in the field of bariatric surgery, particularly laparoscopy, concluding that bariatric surgery is highly effective in combating morbid obesity and laparoscopic surgery is as helpful and as safe as open surgery.
Finance for Gastric Sleeve in Mexico
If you need gastric sleeve surgery but cannot afford the extravagant cost of the surgery, don’t worry! You can get financial help for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico.
- The cost of bariatric surgery in Mexico is quite low as compared to the costs in the first world countries. Nonetheless, patients also have the option of availing medical loans to finance sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico.
- There are a number of loan companies that finance sleeve surgery in Mexico for Americans and Canadians.
- These companies offer a comprehensive range of medical loans for gastric sleeve in Mexico to fit comfortably into almost every budget.
- One can choose between secured and unsecured loans to finance laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico.
- Some of the financing plans offer low or no interest payment options, providing flexibility for patients who want to pay in small, monthly installments over a longer period of time.
- The rate of interest you will be charged will depend on the length of the loan term and the amount of money required for the kind of bariatric surgery you have opted for.
- Bariatric Surgery World is in affiliation with a medical loan processing company which can provide you financial help for gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico.
Pros and Cons of Self-Pay Gastric Sleeve in Mexico
- Since not all private insurance companies always cover different types of bariatric surgeries, some people prefer to pay for the surgery themselves.
- The self pay mode for gastric sleeve in Mexico can mean bearing additional costs if complications arise, post surgery.
- On the flipside, self pay bariatric surgery gives you wider choice, meaning you are free to decide which country or which hospital to opt for the surgical procedure.
- You are not bound by any conditions and are free to choose any hospital and specialist for your laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy in Mexico if you choose to self finance the procedure.
- The self paid weight loss surgery route can be easier than the insurance paid surgery route, since the former involves lesser documentary hassles than the latter.
- Americans who choose to pay for the surgery themselves can opt for gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana or in other Mexican border towns as this way they can cut down on their travel costs and time.
The low-cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico, which is about 50 percent of the costs in the USA and Canada, and availability of numerous options for gastric sleeve financing in Mexico have made the country one of the hotspots for weight-loss surgeries. More and more overseas people who want to lose weight are now turning to Mexico to undergo laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates loans for undergoing Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.