In the developed parts of the world, these surgeries are very expensive and many people looking to lose weight consider traveling to get weight loss surgery in India instead of their home countries.
According to the UK’s Health and Social Care Information Center, in 2010, 26% of adults (over 16 years old) in the UK were classified as obese, with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or over. Weight loss surgery has helped thousands of men and women all over the world to help with obesity issues, but unfortunately many people cannot afford to get this surgery.
About Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Surgical weight loss surgery where the stomach’s size is reduced to about 25% of its original size. It is also known as sleeve gastrectomy or gastric sleeve resection.
- Achieved through the removal of a large portion of the stomach, which follows the greater curvature.
- The edges from where the part was removed are then attached to each other, resulting in a sleeve or tube
- Because of the removal of the large part of the stomach, this process is irreversible
- Usually done through laparoscopy.
Why Get Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Bangalore, India?
- The cost of sleeve gastrectomy in India is also low since India’s cost of living is so much lower than that in first world countries; they also have lower hospital fees, surgeons’ fees, and other medically-related bills.
- According to the Joint Commission International website, as of May 2012, there are 19 Indian healthcare centers that are JCI-accredited, and 3 of these are in Bangalore.
- Gastric sleeve surgery in India is performed by highly-qualified bariatric surgeons, who regularly operate on medical tourists.
- It is common to find Indian surgeons who have studied and trained abroad, so they speak excellent English.
- Our network hospitals have entire departments dedicated to taking care of international patients, making sure that their visit to the country becomes as stress-free as possible. There are discounted hotel accommodations and free transportation for trips to and from the airport, hospital, and hotel for them.
Some people also opt to undergo gastric sleeve plication in India. It is similar to gastric sleeve, except that instead of totally removing part of the stomach, it involves folding that part. It is a reversible surgery in contrast to sleeve gastrectomy.
It is advised to consider all your options before deciding to get gastric sleeve bariatric surgery in Bangalore, as you may want to get a reversible procedure instead.
Tourist Spots You Can Visit While in Bangalore for Gastric Sleeve
While it is also possible to get gastric sleeve surgery in Mumbai, New Delhi, and other Indian cities, Bangalore has some unique tourist spots you can visit while there. Here are some of the attractions you can visit while in Bangalore for gastric sleeve WLS.
- Lal Bagh – Commissioned in 1760 by the great ruler Hyder Ali, this botanical park features over a thousand species of flowers and plants. It also hosts an annual flower show that both local and international tourists love.
- Bangalore Palace – Built to look like England’s Windsor Castle, this palace was built starting in 1862. It is still currently owned by a descendant of the Mysore royal family of India.
- Bull Temple – Locally known as Dodda Basavana Gudi, this is a Hindu temple inside Bugle Rock Park. It was built in 1537 as homage to the sacred bull.
- St. Mary’s Basilica – One of the most beautiful Christian sites in India, it is also the oldest church in the city. Devotees flock to this basilica every September when it celebrates its feast in accordance with Mary’s birthday. The architectural style of this church is gothic with stained glass windows and complex arches.
Visiting Asia to get gastric sleeve in Bangalore, India can be an exciting trip if you plan ahead and maybe get some help from top medical tourism agencies like Bariatric Surgery World. There is practically no waiting time for scheduling surgery with our network hospitals, and we help with itineraries that can accommodate both treatment plan schedules and tourist activities for clients who want to go sightseeing or indulge in other tourist activities.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates low-cost Gastric Sleeve in Bangalore, India. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.