Mexico is becoming a popular destination for medical tourists from USA and Canada. A research conducted by the University of Arizona states that availability of quality healthcare services at low cost is one of the prime factors that is attracting medical tourists to Mexico. Gastric sleeve surgery in Ciudad Juarez is one such cost saving option for bariatric patients.
Cost: Please submit quote request form on right for price estimate.
Alternate names of Gastric Sleeve Surgery: Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), gastric sleeve resection, sleeve gastrectomy, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG), vertical gastroplasty.
Other options in Mexico for weight loss surgery are Gastric bypass and lap band surgery.
Highlights of Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery in Juarez
- The cost of sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico is cheaper than USA, Canada and many other countries.
- One of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in Mexico who:
- Has more than 15 years of experience in performing bariatric surgeries.
- Has performed more than 5,700 laparoscopic surgeries.
- Has received training in Mexico, Germany, Brazil & USA.
- Is an active member of various medical associations such as Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Mexican Gastroenterology Association, and General Surgery Mexican Association.
- Modern hospital that is:
- Part of one of the fastest growing hospital group in Mexico.
- Located at 20 minutes drive from El Paso airport.
- An all-inclusive hospital with a blood bank, ICU, emergency center, X-Ray, MRI, CT-SCAN, fluoroscopy, medical laboratories, doctor offices & more.
- No waiting lines.
Advantages of Sleeve Gastrectomy
- A research conducted by Bariatric Institute and Section of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA has found that LSG is a safe surgical option.
- No use of foreign implants.
- There is no issue of dumping syndrome.
- No mal-absorption of nutrients.
Possible Risks Associated with the Surgery
- Like any surgery vertical gastroplasty may be associated with surgical risks such as infection at the insertion site, bleeding, reaction to anesthesia, injury to stomach or adjacent organs during surgery, etc.
- Risks of leakages from the stapled line used to seal the stomach.
- Irreversible procedure.
- Changes of weight regain due to stretching of stomach pouch and a subsequent increase in its capacity.
Traveling to Ciudad Juarez for Gastric Sleeve Resection
- Abraham Gonzalez International Airport (CJS) is the airport of Juarez.
- Most tourists prefer to fly to El Paso, and take a ride to Juarez. El Paso international airport (ELP) is a convenient option for tourists from USA.
- Passport is required. Citizens of USA and Canada do not require visa. People from other countries may contact us for further details.
- VSG in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico requires 2-night hospital stay. Patients might be required to stay in the city for 1-2 more days. We provide assistance in finding an affordable accommodation near the hospital for additional stay.
Tourist Safety in Ciudad Juarez
Like any other tourist place, petty crimes do exist in Ciudad Juarez. Medical tourists should follow basic precautionary steps to avoid any unwanted problems. Some of them are:
- Avoid going to isolated locations, especially after dark.
- Always use ATMS at crowded places such as shopping malls.
- Beware of pickpockets, especially at crowded places.
- Use a money belt to keep cash, and other important documents.
- Tourists should not take deserted routes, especially after dark.
- Wearing expensive jewelries should be avoided.
Due to its proximity and easy connectivity, gastric sleeve surgery in Ciudad Juarez can be a convenient option for people of USA and Canada. Patients interested in gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico, may also consider other cities as Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, Mexicali, and Monterrey.