Our gastric sleeve packages cost about $4,500. We suggest you submit us the online quote form on the right for the latest prices and specials.
Average length of stay is about 2 nights.
Who Qualifies for Gastric Sleeve with Us in Guadalajara?
- Candidates with a Body Mass Index (BMI) ranging between 30 and 39 qualify for sleeve gastrectomy, as the surgery is also known, with us.
- Besides, BMI factors considered for candidacy are:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- High cholesterol level
- Please note that the final verdict on qualifications depends on the doctor’s examination of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Complimentary Ground Transportation
We provide gratis pick-up services from the Guadalajara International Airport (IATA: GDL).
Benefits of Choosing Guadalajara for Your Surgery
- You enjoy massive savings – almost 70% of the gastric sleeve prices charged in the United States.
- Traveling to GDL is convenient; the city has its own international airport.
- The city is quite Americanized when it comes to food and culture.
- The city has a sizeable American diaspora; so you won’t feel you are in a foreign land.
- You will face minimal language barriers.
- You won’t face any problems scheduling your surgery, given the zero waiting times.
- You can enjoy the touristy offerings of the city during your trip to have gastric sleeve surgery in Guadalajara.
Who Will Perform Your Surgery?
We have a leading bariatric surgeon in Guadalajara under our network who has gained training and experience from Mexico, Brazil, the United States, Argentina and Spain. Here is a sneak peek into his profile:
- Degree in Medicine – Universidad de Guadalajara (1994-2000)
- Degree in Surgery – Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua (2000-2005)
- Diploma in Laparoscopic advanced and robotic surgery from Hospital Torre Medica DF (2005-2006)
- Advanced Weight Loss Surgery Course – XIII World Congress IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders), Buenos Aires, Argentina (September 2008)
- Fellowship – lap band, gastric sleeve and gastric bypass from Ethicon Endosurgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio (November 2008)
- Fellowship – laparoscpic gastric bypass and duodenal switch from Centro Laparoscopico de Barcelona, Medical Center Teknon, Barcelona, Spain (January- April 2006)
- Assisted Dr. Carlos Ballesta in weight loss surgeries from January to April, 2006
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Explained
- It is a restrictive bariatric surgery.
- It is also known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy, VSG, parietal gastrectomy, gastric sleeve resection, vertical gastroplasty and greater curvature gastrectomy.
- The surgery involves cutting down the stomach to nearly 25% of its original size.
- After removal of a major part of the stomach, the remaining stomach is stapled together rendering it a tube- or sleeve-like shape.
- This “sleeved” stomach will fill up quickly on ingestion of tiny amounts of food.
- Hence, you will feel sated after eating small quantities of food, which in turn will aid weight loss.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- Make sure you stop smoking before your surgery.
- You will be asked to stop taking certain medications such as aspirin, vitamin E, and Coumadin.
- You will be asked not to eat or drink anything after the midnight preceding your surgery.
- Make sure you sweat it out for at least 20 minutes, 3 times a week.
- Make sure you make adequate changes to your dietary habits such as:
- Not eating in front of TV.
- Not having fluids while eating.
- Not drinking anything for at least 30 minutes before and after your meal.
- Eating slowly and chewing your meals well.
After Your Surgery
- Stick to the dietary guidelines as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not lift a load exceeding 25 pounds for three weeks after your surgery.
- Take your nutritional supplements as directed.
- Make sure you exercise regularly (30 minutes a day, five days a week).
- Make sure you stop eating as soon as you feel full.
- Avoid taking fibrous foods.
- Make sure protein makes 50% of each of your meal.
- Chow down your proteins first.
- Become a part of a gastric sleeve support group for moral support.
Patient Testimonials and Feedback
We, at BSW, are glad to share patient stories and their experience of choosing us to facilitate their low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Guadalajara. In this gastric sleeve review video, for example, Danice, a resident of Texas, talks about her weight loss surgery trip. View more patient testimonials in our website Videos Section.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on gastric sleeve in Guadalajara, Mexico.