With its diverse cultural offerings and low cost healthcare, India is fast becoming a favored destination among medical tourists. For people who may not have been able to lose enough weight with non-surgical methods, gastric sleeve surgery in India could be an easy and relatively inexpensive solution.
We offer gastric sleeve surgery in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, and Bangalore. Our network hospitals employ state-of-the-art technology and are known for providing medical services par excellence. These hospitals have English speaking staff and receive a sizable number of overseas patients every year.
Candidacy For Stomach Sleeve Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric sleeve surgery is suggested for severely obese patients with BMI more than 35.
- Patients with BMI 30-35 may be accepted, if they are suffering from severe obesity related diseases.
- A complete health screening is required to determine the patient’s eligibility for the procedure.
- Age, health and pregnancy (in case of females in reproductive age), are some of the factors that are considered before the surgery.
What Does the Surgery Entail?
- This is a restrictive form of weight loss surgery, in which the surgeon removes 85% of the stomach.
- With the help of medical staples, the stomach is reduced to the shape of a tube or banana.
- Performed laparoscopically.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery may be used as a first step for a staged approach for weight loss. In case of insufficient weight loss, it may be followed with another form of weight loss surgery like gastric bypass or duodenal switch.
- Other names used for the surgery: Sleeve gastrectomy, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, tube gastrectomy, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and VSG.
Pros and Cons of Sleeve Gastrectomy
- According to various published reports, gastric sleeve is a safe and effective method of surgical weight loss.
- This surgery does not reduce the absorption capacity of the stomach.
- Eliminates the portion of stomach that produces hunger hormone ‘Ghrelin,’ which decreases the patient’s desire for food.
- No dumping syndrome.
Disadvantages / risks
- Leakages from the staple line.
- Non-adjustable and non-reversible.
- Issue of weight regain due to stretching of the stomach pouch.
- Standard risks associated with any surgery like bleeding, infection etc.
Why Choose India for Your Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- Significantly lower costs: We offer gastric sleeve for prices beginning from $6,500. One can [singlepic id=10 w=320 h=240 float=right]save almost 70% over the average prices charged in the USA (approximately $17,000).
- State-of-the-Art Hospitals: We facilitate weight loss surgeries in the leading hospitals of Mumbai, Bangalore, Chandigarh and Delhi. Many of them are JCI and NABH accredited.
- Highly Experienced Bariatric Surgeons: Our network bariatric surgeons are known for their high levels of competence and experience. A well known obesity surgeon associated with us talks about his education and experience in this video.
- Minimal Language Barriers: All the well-known hospitals of the country are staffed with English-speaking doctors and other medical personnel.
- Travel Options Galore: India is the land of the ostentatious Maharajas, the soaring Himalayas, the towering forts, the golden Thar desert and the azure beaches of Goa and Kerala. Prior to your surgery, you might want to include some sightseeing in your itinerary.
Safety Tips for Medical Tourists in India
Medical tourists looking to get gastric sleeve here should follow all basic safety measures to avoid becoming targets of petty crimes. Useful safety tips:
- Beware of pickpockets, especially at crowded places like airports, railway stations and popular markets and tourist spots.
- It is advisable to be careful with your money.
- Do not leave your suitcase unlocked in a hotel room.
- Tourists, especially women, should avoid deserted places and poorly lit areas.
- Always prefer bottled drinking water.
- Prefer private transportation arranged by your hotel, especially if you are traveling after dark.
Gastric sleeve procedure in India can be considered by those looking to banish obesity surgically, of course without banishing their past savings from their bank accounts or compromising on quality.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information.