Would vary from case to case. We suggest you to fill the quote request form for the latest prices and specials, if applicable.
Would vary from case to case.
Who Qualifies for Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve Revision in Puerto Vallarta?
- A complete evaluation of patient’s health is required to determine the reason for failure of lap band surgery and the patient’s eligibility for revision surgery.
- Decision on who qualifies for lap band revision to gastric sleeve with BSW in Puerto Vallarta would depend on the doctor’s examination of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Complimentary Ground Transportation
We offer free pick-up services from the PVR airport.
Benefits of Choosing Puerto Vallarta
- Costs charged here are substantially lower than in the US and Canada.
- The resort city is served by its own international airport (Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA:PVR)).
- Plenty of vacationing options as the city abounds with sandy beaches and resorts.
- The city is thronged by huge numbers of Spring Breakers from the United States, so your experience would not be that “foreign”.
- Culturally, the city is quite “Americanized”.
- Language problems are minimal as most of the hospital staff and people connected with tourism are English-speaking.
Features of Our Network Hospital
- This hospital has been serving for the last 30 years.
- It is a self-contained state-of-the-art facility with its own ICU and lab.
- High sticklers for cleanliness and hygiene — the hospital has a special water and air purification system.
- It is a state-of-the-art facility with Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance and Ultrasound, Radiology, Imaging, X-rays, Fluoroscopy, CT, and Helicoidal.
- International patients have 24*7 access to a board-certified, English speaking doctor.
- The Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is only a few minutes from the hospital.
Go through our hospital page for more information.
PVR Weight Loss Surgeons We Work With
Here are the credentials of the doctor we work with to facilitate weight loss surgery revisions as well as traditional bariatric procedures such as gastric sleeve, bypass and LAGB in PVR.
- Widespread training and experience gained from Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and the USA.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass and duodenal switch fellowship from Centro Laparoscopia de Barcelona Medical Center Teknon, Barcelon – Spain.
- 2008 XIII World IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) Congress held in Buenos Aires, Argentina – advanced bariatric surgery course.
- The doctor is English-speaking.
Click here for more information.
Gastric Banding to Gastric Sleeve Explained
- The prime reason for considering redo surgery is failure of gastric banding surgery. The failure may be due to:
- Insufficient weight loss
- Weight regain due to stretching of stomach pouch.
- Complications such as band erosion, band slippage, and infection of the band or port
- If the unsatisfactory weight loss is due to lack of effort from the patient, surgery may not be recommended.
- In such cases, the patients will be required to follow the required lifestyle changes.
- Other terms used for the procedure are –
- Revision lap band to vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Revision gastric band to gastric sleeve surgery
- Revision gastric band surgery
- Revision gastric band to VSG
- Lap band revision to VSG
Important Travel Info
- Americans and Canadians need to carry a valid passport to enter Mexico.
- You might have to change your PINs as ATMs here do not accept PINs exceeding four digits.
- You can contact the local tourist police, recognizable by their blue caps and white uniforms, for any kind of travel assistance.
- The local area code of PVR is 322.
You can go through our Vallarta page for more information.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information.