People who suffer from a high body mass index (BMI) may find it beneficial to obtain laparoscopic gastric banding surgery in Bangalore – India.
Weight loss surgery in India is an easy-on-the-pocket option for medical tourists who need to shed extraneous pounds for health reasons but cannot afford the high medical costs charged in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other Western counties.
More and more medical tourists are flocking to India in droves because of its inexpensive medical costs, technologically advanced hospitals, sunny climate, and high quality medical care.
India’s medical tourism industry is expected to reach $3 billion, according to the article Indian Medical Tourism Industry Set for Tremendous Growth Finds RNCOS, published in Newswire Today on January 20, 2011. Given the high medical standards and the opportunity for a relaxing vacation, it is not hard to see why India is so popular with foreign patients.
Laparoscopic Gastric Banding Explained
- Laparoscopic surgery entails making small incisions in the abdomen through which a camera and surgical instruments are inserted.
- A band is positioned around the upper portion of the stomach, resulting in the formation of a smaller upper pouch in the stomach.
- The smaller stomach pouch helps restrict the food intake at a given time.
- The gastric band will require adjustment as the patient loses weight to keep up with the shrinking body size.
- Gastric banding is recommended for those with a BMI of 40 or above with no weight-related medical conditions or over 30 for those who have weight-related medical conditions.
- Because laparoscopic lap band surgery is minimally invasive, the recovery time is shorter than with other weight loss surgeries.
Price of Gastric Banding in Bangalore – India
- The reason that one can obtain a low cost lap band in Bangalore, India is because of the lower cost of living in India.
- Some patients like to bring along traveling companions when traveling abroad. If you bring along a companion when traveling for LAGB in Bangalore, India, make sure to account for their costs as well.
- Before traveling for procedures such as gastric band or gastric sleeve in Bangalore, India, it would be worthwhile to look for low cost procedures. However, do not fall for the lowest-priced-procedure trap.
Benefits of Lap Band Surgery in Bangalore – India
- As mentioned previously, one can undergo weight loss surgery such as gastric bypass surgery in Bangalore, India without breaking the bank.
- The reputable hospitals in Bangalore, India, follow strict hygiene standards and apply state-of-the-art technology. Patients contemplating lap band in India can choose from a number of Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospitals.
- You do not have to worry about miscommunication between the doctor and yourself, as majority of the doctors in Bangalore speak fluent English. There are also multilingual translators on hand to serve patients from the Middle East, Europe, Kenya, Nigeria and other parts of Africa.
- A well qualified, highly experienced weight loss surgeon in India will oversee your gastric banding surgery.
- You will have plenty of sightseeing options to indulge in as you recover from your laparoscopic gastric band in Bangalore – India. Gad through the beautiful Lal Bagh, Cubbon Park and a host of other verdant gardens which have earned Bangalore the sobriquet “the Garden City of India”. Get a firsthand experience of fine workmanship of Indian architecture at Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, the Bangalore Palace, and Mayo Hall.
Laparoscopic Gastric Banding Surgery in Bangalore: Points to Consider
- It is advised that you ask for before and after gastric banding pictures from your potential surgeon before you travel for surgery. This prevents misunderstandings and helps ensure that you will obtain the results as you desire.
- When traveling for laparoscopic gastric banding surgery in Bangalore, India, keep in mind that the surgery requires maintenance visits to tighten the lap band as your body shrinks. This means that you will either have to return to Bangalore or pay the full medical price for the medical visits if you choose to go in your country.
- Although English is widely spoken in India, it may be helpful to learn some of Bangalore’s local language, Kannada, before traveling for laparoscopic lap band in Bangalore, India. Some helpful phrases include: “Idhakeyestubele?” (How much does this cost?), “namaskara, heg’idira?” (Hello, how are you?), “kapadi!” (Help!), “navu sakahari” (I’m a vegetarian), and “navu mamsahari” (I’m a non-vegetarian).
Laparoscopic gastric banding surgery in Bangalore – India could help patients who suffer from weight-related complications lose the weight needed to improve their health. The high quality medical care, experienced surgeons, and warm climate make Bangalore a hotspot for weight loss surgery abroad.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates low-cost Laparoscopic Gastric Banding Surgery Bangalore – India. For more information, submit the estimate-request form on the right.