About 70% lower than the American prices. We recommend that you fill the online free estimate form for the latest prices and discounts.
Conditions for Qualifying for Mini Gastric Bypass with BSW
Individuals with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or more (with certain exceptions for candidates with a lower BMI) qualify for mini gastric bypass surgery in Tijuana with us. Of course, the final verdict on who qualifies for surgery lies with the doctor based on the appraisal of the candidate’s medical questionnaire.
Free pick-up from the San Diego International Airport or any hotel close to the airport or the border.
Benefits of Choosing Tijuana for Your Mini GB
- Massive cost savings – mini gastric bypass cost in Mexico is substantially lower than in First World countries
- Quality healthcare
- Savings on travel time and expenses – TJ and San Diego, CA are only 17 miles apart
- The nearest American airport — the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN) — is only 20 minutes away
- The Mexican border town is quite “Amercanized”
- One of the most frequently-visited destinations by Americans
- No waiting time
We facilitate mini gastric bypass in Tijuana at a state-of-the-art, highly reputable hospital, which is located only 3-4 blocks from the San Ysidro Port of Entry. Features of the hospital –
- Fully equipped ICU
- In-house clinical lab
- Own pharmacy
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Free international phone calls to the United States and Canada
- Water filtration system
- Electrical generators for power back-up
For more details, read our hospital page.
Who Will Perform Your Surgery?
- Have ample experience of performing thousands of bariatric surgeries
- Have impressive educational credentials – one network surgeon is certified by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore, Maryland)[singlepic id=83 w=3200 h=240 float=right]
- Have participated in educational activities of leading medical institutions such as the Harvard Medical School
- Are participants in international–level meets and seminars such as the 2010 World Congress International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders held at Long Beach – Los Angeles, California
- Are members of associations such as the American Gastroenterological Association and the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- Are English-speaking
See our Obesity Surgeon Tijuana section for more details.
Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery Explained
- Mini gastric bypass, also known as MGB, involves construction of a long tube out of the stomach along its lesser curvature.
- This tube is then hooked with a loop made from the small intestine.
- Placing the loop on the lower part of the stomach reduces risks.
- Numerous studies dissuade from placing the loop close to the esophagus.
- Advantages of MGB –
- Less invasive than traditional bypass surgery
- Effective in combating morbid obesity
- Results in marked improvement in quality of life and resolution of metabolic syndrome
- Simple and safe procedure
- No disadvantage associated with it on 2-year follow-up, vis-à-vis laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (source: study by Wei-Jei Lee and colleagues published in the July 2005 issue of Annals of Surgery)
- You will be put on a liquid diet for about two weeks after your surgery.
- You will be asked to keep yourself properly hydrated.
- Your meals are going to be small — only 2-3 tablespoons at a time.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes before you proceed to eat more. This will help ease the pressure on your newly formed hookup.
- After two weeks, you will be able to transition to mashed, pulpy foods such as oatmeal, applesauce and mashed potatoes.
- You will have to abstain from calorie-rich beverages. Sip on low calorie drinks such as VR juice to keep yourself hydrated.
Important Travel Information
- TJ is located right across the border from San Ysidro.
- American and Canadians need to have a valid passport to enter Mexico.
- Non-Mexican citizens need to obtain an FMM from the Mexican authorities for venturing 20-30 km beyond the border zone.
- Americans do not need a visa for a stay less than 72 hours.
- Canadians are permitted a visa-less stay of 180 days.
Read our Tijuana page for more information on the border town, travel documents required and safety tips.
We, at BSW, endeavor to provide you affordable bariatric surgery to help in your pursuit of a healthier life.
Submit the free estimate form on the right for more information on Mini Gastric Bypass in Tijuana.