However, as per a study by Hampson et al published in the January 2011 edition of Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal, 24 percent of the patients suffer from slippage. For those people, slipped lap band repair in Tijuana, Mexico could be a viable option.
Many people have great success stories to share about their weight loss surgery such as lap banding, gastric sleeve and laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery in Tijuana.
However, in case of complications such as lap band slippage, some might have to undergo surgery. A number of patients who need slipped lap band repair opt to have the reparative bariatric surgery in Mexico. The primary reason to travel to Tijuana, Mexico for slipped lap band repair is because the cost is substantially less. Recovering in a soothing environment with beautiful nature is an added benefit.
Before Going for Gastric Band Repair in Tijuana
Before you pack your bags and head south of the border for lap band repair, you must be absolutely sure that you actually need surgical intervention. You can only tell for sure after consulting with your doctor, but listed below are few signs of lap band slippage, so you know when to consult your doctor.
- Lap band Slippage can happen in the front or the back of the stomach, and is respectively known as anterior and posterior slippage.
- Concentric pouch dilation is another complication but is not the same as lap band slippage.
- According to the study “the surgical management of obesity with emphasis on the role of post operative imaging” by Hampson, Sinclair, Smith published in January 2011 in Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal, posterior slippage is more common of the two.
- Posterior slippage is upward herniation of the upper part of the stomach through the band.
- Anterior slippage is usually related to the initial fixation of the band during surgery. Some of the most common signs of slipped lap band include:
- Bad reflux – Usually this continues to worsen if the slipped lap band is not addressed
- Other gastric discomforts – These may include gastric obstruction, gastric volvulus (rotating of the stomach), gastric infraction, etc.
- It is important to detect slipped lap band as early as possible so as to avoid further complications. Some complications such as gastric necrosis can show up a number of years after gastric band surgery.
- If you think you have symptoms of slipped lap band, it is important that you see a doctor immediately. Many people find it hard to pay for the primary bariatric surgery; the further cost involved in lap band repair surgery could give you sleepless nights.
- One may opt for affordable slipped lap band repair in Tijuana, Mexico.
- If you have not visited a doctor but think you have signs of slipped lap band, you can still consult a surgeon in Mexico.
Why get Lap Band Slippage Repair in Tijuana?
- One can avail discounted weight loss surgery in Tijuana. Cost of slipped lap band repair surgery will be only a fraction of the costs in countries such as the US, the UK, and Canada.
- Hospitals in Tijuana, Mexico are clean, professional and affordable.
- The obesity surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico are highly qualified professionals with excellent credentials and track records.
- As Mexico borders the United States, those people going to Tijuana for lap band repair have the choice of entering by land or by flight. Tijuana is one of the largest border cities in the world and is only 17 miles from San Diego. It is because of its geographical proximity many Americans consider undergoing surgery for morbid obesity in Tijuana.
- While you are in Tijuana, Mexico for your lap band repair surgery, you can do a lot of sightseeing.
- We recommend visiting one of the famous bullfighting arenas as well as Tijuana’s most famous street, Avenida Revolucion.
- You can do a lot of shopping and visit good restaurants.
However, remember to eat in moderation and to stick to the diet prescribed by your doctor after your lap band repair surgery.
Useful Information on Tijuana, Mexico
- Depending on how long you want to stay, you won’t have to stay in Tijuana, Mexico for more than a few weeks for your lap band repair surgery. For trips shorter than 180 days, you do not need a visa to visit Mexico.
- While it is not always mandatory for American citizens to have a passport to travel to Mexico, it is advisable.
- A passport is the most effective form of international identification. Therefore, if you run into any kind of troubles at borders or immigration, a passport is the easiest way to resolve it.
- You can drive and park at a parking lot on the U.S. side and then walk across, take a trolley from downtown San Diego, or take a bus.
- If you would like to have access to a car during your lap band repair surgery in Tijuana, you can drive your car across the border, but just remember that you do have to abide by the traffic laws of Mexico. Also, check with your insurance provider in advance. Most companies won’t provide coverage for foreign travel.
Undergoing surgery for slipped lap band repair in Tijuana Mexico can be the solution to your weighty woes, that persist even after getting a lap band initially. Getting the surgery in Tijuana also means you can get it at an affordable price.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates affordable slipped lap band repair in Tijuana, Mexico. For more information submit the estimate–request form on the right.