We advise you to submit the free estimate form for the latest prices and specials on type 2 diabetes surgery in Tijuana.
About 2-3 days based on the surgeon’s recommendation.
Qualifications for Diabetes Surgery with BSW
The final decision on qualifications for metabolic surgery in Tijuana with BSW lies with the surgeon based on review of the patient’s medical questionnaire.
We provide free pick-up services from the San Diego International Airport or any hotel close to the airport or on the border.
Benefits of Choosing TJ for Your Surgery
- Very close to the United States; only 17 miles from San Diego in California.
- The closest American airport (San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN)) is only 20 minutes away.
- Very “American” in culture.
- One of the most frequented Mexican cities by Americans so you won’t feel you are in a foreign country
- Virtually absent language barriers and waiting times
Features of Our Network Hospital
- Located only 3-4 blocks from the San Ysidro Port of Entry (border crossing point)
- Intensive Care Unit
- Well appointed air-conditioned patient rooms
- Clinical lab
- Own pharmacy and cafeteria
- Water filtration system
- Full electricity backup with generator
More on the hospital can be learnt here.
Credentials of Obesity Surgeons We are Associated With
In our constant effort to provide high level of medical care in Mexico to our clients, we have partnered with only the foremost and the most experienced of bariatric surgeons in the border city to facilitate quality, yet affordable diabetes surgery.
We have compiled credentials of one of our network weight loss surgeons here:
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- Holds certification in participation in Advanced Laparoscopy and Obesity Surgery under Dr Kelvin D. Higa in March-April 2011 from Fresno, California
- Undergone Laparoscopic Colectomy Course from Hospital IMSS in TJ in 2010
- Gastric sleeve course from Hospital Tijuana in 2010
- Participated in world-level meets, such as 2010 IFSO (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) World Congress held in Long Beach, Los Angeles
- Assistant in the 2012 World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta
Click here for more information on our bariatric surgeons.
What is Diabetes Surgery?
- Various bariatric surgeries have been found to put diabetes into remission, but the most effective one is duodenal switch surgery.
- This procedure specifically targets diabetes.
- It puts your diabetes into remission by causing food to bypass a part of the small intestine called the duodenum.
- According to the American Diabetes Association (ADA), this, and other bariatric surgeries have been found to have astounding diabetes remission rates:
- Duodenal switch: 98.8%
- Gastric bypass: 83.7%
- Laparoscopic gastric banding: 47.9%
- Such high probabilities of complete remission mean that you have a few surgical options.
- You can come down for duodenal switch or gastric bypass for type 2 diabetes in Tijuana, and your doctor will help you decide which surgery is best for your condition.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to receive more information on Metabolic surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.