If you are the parent of an overweight child and are troubled by the health and self-esteem issues your adolescent kid is facing, weight loss surgery for teens in Mexico could be an ideal solution.
As parents, you will be pleased with the experienced doctors operating in well-equipped hospitals who perform weight loss surgery in Mexico. The teenage years are a tough time of transition for most children and if a teen is saddled with weight problems, the whole ordeal can be enervating both physically and emotionally.
According to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, between 16% and 33% of children and adolescents are obese in the United States. Given such high statistics and the serious outcomes of obesity, it is understandable that parents are searching for affordable options such as surgery for weight loss for teens in Mexico that can help their children lead healthy lives. So look to Mexico for premium and affordable weight loss surgery that could literally take the weight off your troubled teen.
Alternatives for Weight Loss Surgery for Teens in Mexico
- Gastric bypass and gastric banding (lap banding) can both be used for aiding weight loss in teens.
- Gastric bypass results in more weight loss than lap band surgery. However, the former is more extensive than the latter, entails a longer recuperation time, and may also result in vitamin deficiencies.
- On the flipside, some research studies show adolescents experiencing significant improvements in their health after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
- One such study by Thomas H. Inge, Go Miyano and colleagues, published in the January 1, 2009 edition of Pediatrics, the Official Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, shows that gastric bypass is an effective alternative for treatment of morbidly obese teens with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Gastric banding, on the other hand, is not as widely used in teens as in adults though a number of clinical trials are underway to establish the efficacy of the weight loss surgery in adolescents.
- Parents and teenagers should have an in-depth discussion with their obesity doctor about the optimum weight loss program for teenagers in Mexico.
- Any form of weight loss surgery for teenagers in Mexico should be chosen only if all traditional weight loss efforts have failed and the increased weight is causing extreme health and self-esteem issues.
- Weight loss surgery for teens should be preceded by overall evaluation by child psychiatrics, nutritionists, and weight loss experts.
- Once a complete medical and psychological review is done and parents are assured that weight loss programs for teenagers is a reasonable solution, they will have a plethora of weight loss surgery choices. They could opt for affordable lap band surgery in Guadalajara or mini gastric bypass surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, among a host of other choices.
Why Choose Weight Loss Surgery for Teenagers in Mexico?
According to the latest statistics from the U.S. Surgeon General, increasing numbers of overweight teenagers are suffering from traditionally adult diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
With such life threatening issues haunting overweight teens, parents are looking for gastric bypass and lap band surgery in Ciudad Juarez, Puerto Vallarta and other Mexican cities. There are a number incentives for choosing to get adolescent bariatric surgery in Mexico, some of which are as follows:
- The cost of weight loss surgery for teenagers in Mexico is almost 30%-70% lower than in the United States. Even after you add the expenses related to accommodation and food to the cost of lap band or gastric bypass surgery in Mexicali or any other Mexican city you will still be able to save substantially.
- The leading hospitals of Mexico utilize the latest technology and provide global standards of hygiene to all surgical patients. Comparable to U.S. hospitals, parents can expect world class weight loss programs for their teens in Mexico.
- Parents will have access to world class obesity specialists in Mexico, who are largely trained in the United States. The English-speaking surgeons will understand and address all your concerns regarding a weight loss program for kids in Mexico.
- With a plethora of top-edge weight loss clinics and surgeons, your teen will not have to wait to get weight loss surgery scheduled.
- Given the short ride to Mexico, parents will find it easy and cheap to travel for weight loss surgery for teens in Mexico.
- Mexico is a popular Spring Break destination. With its sparkling blue waters, cheap accommodation and a variety of youth-related activities, weight loss for teens in Mexico will be a double treat.
Weight Loss Program for Teens in Mexico – Some Tips
- As a parent, it is imperative that you do some deep research into weight loss program for kids in Mexico. Examine all the pros and cons of the procedure, the records of the hospital and surgeon you choose, and discuss your choices with your child’s doctors.
- It is important to remember that some of the Mexican cities regularly witness street violence and drug-related lawlessness. So as you head for weight loss surgery for your teen in Mexico, remain constantly alert, stay away from any hint of illegal activity, and leave your valuables at home.
- Take the time to read all travel directives from the U.S. Department of State. Sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program that will allow the State Department to help during any unexpected emergency.
- US and Canadian citizens require a current passport or passport card but do not need a visa to stay in Mexican border cities for less than 72 hours.
- Drink bottled water and eat packaged foods in Mexico.
- Keep your teens covered, given the harsh sun. Sunscreen application is important to avoid sunburn. Remember that some higher altitude cities of Mexico can get very cold so pack according to season and location.
- While scheduling weight loss surgery for teens in Mexico, remember that hurricane season lasts from June through November in Mexico.
Responsive doctors operating high-tech surgical centers and attractive financing options such as medical loans make weight loss surgery for kids in Mexico a little less stressful. With its gorgeous beaches, colorful festivals, colonial architecture and relaxed attitude, Mexico is regularly rated a top tourist destination. So head south with confidence, knowing that weight loss surgery for teens in Mexico will not only help your child regain his or her self-confidence but it will also improve his/her health.
Bariatric Surgery World facilitates affordable Weight Loss Surgery for Teens, Mexico. For more information, submit the estimate–request form on the right.
- #adolescent bariatric surgery Mexico
- #Affordable weight loss surgery for teens Mexico
- #Cheap weight loss surgery for teens Mexico
- #Low cost weight loss surgery for teens Mexico
- #Prices for weight loss surgery for teens Mexico
- #weight loss for teens in Mexico
- #weight loss program for kids Mexico
- #weight loss program for teenagers Mexico