If you have failed all the non-surgical ways of overcoming the problem of obesity, then one good option could be weight loss surgery in Las Vegas. It is an ideal option for those who want to combine high quality surgical weight loss treatment with vacationing. Medical tourism has a long history in Las Vegas, as favorable healthcare prices and the city’s allure draws patients from across the country and even from outside.
The Problem of Obesity
Being overweight or obese is never pleasing. It can be due to various reasons like over eating, lack of exercise or an extremely low metabolic rate, but in general, it is not always the fault of the obese person. Procedures like the Las Vegas gastric bypass surgery , lap band surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, etc. were introduced to answer the issues of persistent obesity.
Being overweight (at least 60 pounds more than your ideal weight), or having a body mass index of 40 or above, are clear signs that you need help in losing the weight that just does not seem to come off.
Why Las Vegas for Gastric Band Surgery?
Las Vegas is a very popular holiday destination in the United States, and is well connected to other major cities in the country. Passport and visa is not required for residents of the country. Cost of treatment in Las Vegas is less as compared to other cities in U.S., which is a major draw for medical tourists here.
Besides, the doctors in Las Vegas hospitals are well trained and highly experienced in performing these surgeries. These doctors have set several benchmarks in their field of surgery and all of them are governed under U.S. legal system.
Weight Loss Surgery in Las Vegas
The different bariatric surgeries being offered in Las Vegas include: gastric bypass surgery, laparoscopic gastric banding, gastric sleeve surgery, gastric plication, etc.
Apart from this, Las Vegas also offers revision weight loss surgery to those who could not be successful in losing weight after the initial weight loss surgery, or regained the weight sometime a few months after the surgery.
- Vegas Surgeon Explains Steps in Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Vegas Surgeon’s views on Sleeve Gastrectomy vs Lap Band Surgery
- Las Vegas Surgeon’s Sight on Stomach Plication & Sleeve Gastrectomy
Conditions for Weight loss Surgery
- Body mass Index (BMI) of the person should be 30 or above.
- Age of the patient must be 18 to 55.
- Must be emotionally ready to follow the instructions after the surgery.
- A strict diet and a vigorous exercise routine is to be followed to be able to maintain slimmer body after the procedure and also to keep it strong to withstand the effects of the surgery and the dramatic weight loss that you will experience.
Las Vegas Tourism
Being a popular tourist destination, travelling to Las Vegas is very convenient as it is well connected by daily domestic flights within U.S. and also gets international flights from various parts of the world.Las Vegas is also known as ‘The Entertainment Capital of the World’ and ‘The Sin City’.
Travelling patients & their accompanying guests can add a great vacation to their health trip as the city is famous for its casinos and active nightlife.Some of the popular tourist attractions in Las Vegas are:
- Fountain Shows at Bellagio hotel.
- Circus acts at Circus hotel.
- Volcano at The Mirage Hotel.
- Shark Reef aquarium at The Mandalay Bay Hotel.
- Magic Show of David Copperfield at MGM hotel.
For people looking to get back into shape, but unable to do so with non-surgical weight loss methods, weight loss surgery in Las Vegas can be a very effective way to achieve great health at a reasonable cost.